Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
My name is Chris and this is my TSX.

Little background on the car, 2004 Auto 111+ miles, my girlfriend crashed the family car so I needed a daily driver to move around.

Here is a list of the things im getting done.

• Interior Seats Headliners Pillars
  • Hood Molding Trim
  • Aluminum Pedal Set
  • Pedal Accelerator
  • SRS AIRBAG Control Module
  • Curtain AIRBAG L & R
  • Stoptech Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
  • Pair Set of 2 Front Inner & Outer Moog Tie Rod Ends
  • Belt Tensioner Assembly
  • Window Tint 3M
  • 16" Rims

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

Bought it with 17" IS300 rims, the front driver side rim cracked on me, instead of getting it repaired I replaced the rims with some 16 inch Honda HPF rims I will be painting those matte black. Got the windows and sunroof tinted with 3M, the chrome trim will be wrap with 3M black matte.

Ride feels a lot better with the 16" rims.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
After a week of driving around I had a hard time starting the car so I checked the starter relay by swapping then out turned out to be the Ignition Starter Switch, got it replaced few days later the battery died on me and today the starter stop working.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ABS module came in, along with a launch scanner I picked up crp909 I am no longer getting the error I was getting before which was ABS internal module failure, now I’m getting the error for the passeger side and driver side airbags or seat belt doesn’t specify which one is bad, manage to get the VSA light to turn off so now I have one less light to worry about. Over the weekend I took the car out on a short road trip car runs great.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UPDATE
Got some new parts
  • 2007 ECU eBay
  • Flash Pro with Can adaptor
  • RBB3 head of 2006 AT

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
UPDATE
Got some new parts
  • 2007 ECU eBay
  • Flash Pro with Can adaptor
  • RBB3 head of 2006 AT
Will be getting the ecu programmed to the car was thinking about getting a eBay HDS but found a guy here locally that can program it for about $45 will be porting the head, once the head is ported will be swapping it in and getting the vehicle tune.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
So I got the Flashpro along with the ECU and CAN connector.

The CAN connector was a pain to install, removed an AC tube had to cut the tape around the connector and found a way to get my hand to fit I manage to do it after 45 mins, I had a test light to check if I did it correctly to check voltage on the line, removed the radio to route the line, finally I got to the OBD2 connector it was a pain moving the immobilizer line and putting the 2 CAN lines in after I put the connector back in one of the likes would lose communication so I ended up leaving the connector lose it doesn’t like the angle in the future I may need to cut those lines and extend the connector. I got a OBD2 extension from eBay to make things easier.

I didn’t do the programming at a Honda dealership instead someone locally did it with a LaunchTool I think he coded the key because after he was done my VIN number changed to the VIN on the new ECU. I had to get the new VIN of the ECU to lock my flashpro in. Lucky me I have a Scantool capable of doing this.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I was trying to tune my vehicle with my laptop but this never worked, it would just load the tune to the flash pro, I thought this was tuning my car I was wrong the tune itself takes about 3 mins and some lights on the dash board go on and off there are no videos of people doing this on a tsx I will try to record the process, so I was able to do the tune using the flashpro only you hook it up hold program and your done. I got the basic tune CAI tune, did some modifications with some information I found online. Any feedback would be good.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got some more parts on the way, oil pump, j35 TB, headers. Getting everything together to swap out the head stay tune.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts