Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I've had my car for about 1 month and I have only worked on the audio up till now. I have 2 12" Zeus subwoofers sitting in my trunk but I was wondering if you guys can give me some nice ideas on what to do next. My cars automatic so im not really concentrated on speed, just making it look nice. My chrome trim for the grill is chipping off so maybe some nice looking grills you guys have your eyes on?
Also, i thought of painting all the chrome trimmings on my car black, anyone know how this will look like?

I was thinking of doing a full EuroR conversion but that seems like itll take a while because im just a worker at Dominos making minimum wage. Thanks for all the help guys! Pictures and links will be appreciated!

· Let me...help you!
1,335 Posts
For blacking out the chrome, just use blackout tape. Or you can remove them and paint them. You could also try plastidip (I'm going to do it to my grille eventually...I already bought the stuff).

I was like you and loved to work on my car. When I was in college without a job, I used some of my student loans to fund my car modding habit (tuition was free, but I took out student loans for pocket money). I don't regret modding my car, though looking back, I probably would have been better off saving my money. Time passes by fast and my old car got older far quicker than I was able to keep modding it.

The TSX already looks nice. You don't really need to change its looks other than its stance by lowering it a little. You should just focus on driver comfort for now: who cares what other people think as long as you're enjoying your drive.

Maybe you can install some footwell lights, perhaps some sort of gizmo (radar detector, dash cam, ipod link/bluetooth, etc), or dynamat your car to further improve your audio experience.

Some people think it's better to save for the next car, a new house, or whatever. But for me, my car is more important to me and a smaller house would be okay with me as long as it has a garage for my car. ;-P We all have our priorities, so do what you want to do. Just be sure to keep an open mind and know that those people who have been on the same road in the past may now realize that it wasn't necessarily the smartest financial move. But hey, life is short...try to enjoy some of your money now, rather than saving it all up for the future and possibly getting into an accident before that future comes.

· My car whines
637 Posts
If I were you the first thing I would do is spend some time on giving the car a good detail (wash, clay, polish, wax, seal) to protect the paint. You don't want your milano red turning into milano pink :laugh:

· Premium Member
2,459 Posts
If I were you I would forget about modding and just save up. Its not cheap to make a TSX look nice. Not worth busting your ass at work to sink it in a car.
If I were you the first thing I would do is spend some time on giving the car a good detail (wash, clay, polish, wax, seal) to protect the paint. You don't want your milano red turning into milano pink :laugh:
+1 to both

· Registered
101 Posts
Look what SoCaliTrojan wrote, life is short.
Enjoy life the way you think is right, don't look at others.
You can get the Euro R grill, body kit and some springs, fog lights with yellow tint/bulbs.
I did paint the chrome trim on one side around two years ago and still in good shape.
Happy modding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.