Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to buy a 2004 Acura TSX tomorrow.

The car mileage is 92000. Carfax one owner vehicle. I did a complete vehicle inspection in Zimbrick Acura. They gave a clean chit. 90000 maintenance done by owner.

I am going to buy this car. Is $9500 a good deal? or should I bargain?
KBB range is
Fair - $9132
Good - $10132
Very Good - $10532
Excellent - $10832

·
Registered
95 Posts
From what you have posted it sounds fair to me, especially since you were smart enough to do a PPI. Though I can't believe the dealer didn't tell you there was something wrong but to buy teh car and have them fix it.:)

KBB is a decent indicator but you might just have a look at cars.com and find an 04 with similar mileage just to see what teh average selling price is. Is it an auto or 6 speed and does it have Navi? If it is an auto with no Nav I would consider looking for one with Nav or a 6 speed with or without - feels too much like a civic without one of those, at least to me......

Of course you also say "I am going to buy this car" so I guess you are set so really of course you should at least try to bargain - offer them 8500 and if they say no, ask em meet you in the middle at 9K. That's my wife's move (well she has a lot of "moves") works every time. especially if it is an auto non-navi - mention the lack of Nav and say you found one with nav for teh same price.

good luck and let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
2004 Acura TSX

Thanks for the immediate reply.

The car has both Automatic and Manual option/. But without navigation.

Based on the records i saw for the 90000 maintenance, Zimbrick Acura recommended the owner to change the following items:

· Front compliance bushing was tearing

· Catalytic converter heat shield

He did change these along with an oil change.

I have one more question. During the PPI, i noticed that the tire thread for the 4 tires are 6/32, 6/32, 4/32 and 5/32.

Does 4/32 tire needs a replacement????

·
What to put here...
1,050 Posts
I'd definitely use the wear on the tires as leverage to get either a new set of GOOD tires thrown-in, or, $750 off their asking price. (New tires are like $450 + install but their cost is about 2/3 that).

Personally, I would take this approach:
- Say "I am willing to buy the car, but the wear on the tires is concerning - 4/32 is barely enough to last a few months before requiring replacement. I am willing to take it as-is for $8500, or, you supply and install the tires of my choice for $8900 all-in."
- They will come back with "we can work with that..."
- Meet around $9000 with new tires, or $8800 without new tires.
- You then go to TireRack and get a new set for $450ish and you have a great car with new rubber. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.