Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a 200 mi trip in my 2004 Acura TSX and my car shut off. I figured it must be gas and gased it up and didn’t work. I came back the next figured it was my oil so I put oil And it didn’t work. I hooked jumper cables up too it and it didn’t. My fuel pump sounds like it’s cutting on, I have oil, gas, and battery. My car when try to crank sounds like wants and is ready to turn over but won’t. I’m lost

·
Registered
126 Posts
It shut off... WHILE driving? Or you drove it normally to your destination, parked it, and now the engine won't start/turn over?

I see you posted this 2 days ago so I hope things worked out for you... If you figured something out please share it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was driving down the road and it cut off, it was more of a loss of power and the electronics stayed on. I haven’t had time to look any further and am currently driving my truck. Have you ever heard of a tsx doing that?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I was driving down the road and it cut off, it was more of a loss of power and the electronics stayed on. I haven’t had time to look any further and am currently driving my truck. Have you ever heard of a tsx doing that?
I have had vehicles suddenly cut out and then back in while driving. In all cases it was electrical; once, the alternator had died, and the other two times, it was contacts that were loose or worn out.

One of those times it was the battery terminal clamp, and the other time, the grounding strap had frayed to almost nothing, eaten away by road salt I guess over 10+ years of driving and street parking in the Northeast.

The grounding strap thing was what got me in my TSX last year. The power only cut out (and then back in) at very low speeds for me, though, like while parking.

In all these cases the engine died but the radio and lights stayed on. For the grounding strap thing, oddly, the engine came alive again without my having to use the ignition (but I did for when the battery terminal shook loose).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im off work tomorrow and I’m going to look into the grounding strap that speak of. I appreciate your time and response bud.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts