Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
06 FA Cup Champs
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The show kicked off today, with alot of world debuts and introductions. Some musings and ranting...

I wish they would bring Alfa Romeo to the US already. They look so much better than most car on the road here, and the Italian look at a decent price would be great here.

The M5 (in a concept form) debuts. The look still hasn't grown on me, but still, it's the M badge that gets me blood aboilin'.

Corvette convertable was among the tons of choptops at the show.

If you haven't see the Fiat Trepiuno, check it out. It's a great retro of the Fiat 500. Hope they build it.

To be relevent to this site, some Honda thoughts. The Civic Type R in euro get the side mirror turn signal. This is one Honda design that never grew on me, just looks too toyish for me, and not in a very good way.

MG looks like it's still crappin' out horrid cars, that V8 might sound great on paper, but that car will probably be another bust.

The MINI convertable... that badge just looks great on any car style. BMW has said they will make the wagon version of the MINI soon.

I just noticed how ugly Peugeots are... blah.

The Rolls Royce concept was pretty phat. The headlights don't look great on it though.

I think I said it once, and I'll say it again... Toyota needs to bring the euro Corolla to the states. They look and supposedly drive great, they are already a big hit in europe, and it would compete well against the other compacts here.

VW has a new convertable, and I do like the design direction the concept points for the car line.

That's it for now... need to go back to work.

Junkster, who's going to the Denver Auto Show this Sunday.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
About the Alfa Romeo: I guess you know it was here in the past -- I guess they pulled out?
It was here in the '70's and it was well-regarded. I considered it before ultimately getting a 320i in '76.

Didn't know there was a Euro Corolla. What's it like? If it's more of a "driver's car" than the N.A. Corolla, it would somewhat blur the distinction between Corolla and Civic.

·
06 FA Cup Champs
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
larchmont said:
About the Alfa Romeo: I guess you know it was here in the past -- I guess they pulled out?
It was here in the '70's and it was well-regarded. I considered it before ultimately getting a 320i in '76.

Didn't know there was a Euro Corolla. What's it like? If it's more of a "driver's car" than the N.A. Corolla, it would somewhat blur the distinction between Corolla and Civic.
Yea, Alfa pulled out because they couldn't sell enough cars to justify staying, and I think some of the exhaust regulations were too strict for them.

If they came back, like the rumor is saying, then it would be great. Alfa offers a pretty wide range of price, allowing people to buy everything from a sport compact to a Pininfarina-designed lux coupe. For now, I just dream of buying an Italian car.

The Euro Corolla and many other compacts (including Honda Jazz and Nissan ?) are making headway into the European market. Even Hyundai saw a significant market gain in the last year. I heard the Corolla is pretty good, good enough to draw French youth away from their country's own brands. It would definitely look pretty good going against the Civic.

Junkster, who would get a Alfa GT.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Junkster said:
.....For now, I just dream of buying an Italian car.....
"Don't get a Fiat." :D

I'm not giving advice, just repeating a line from yesteryear.....

You know, there's this thing going around about how everybody should boycott Exxon-Mobil to give a message about gasoline prices. (About which I couldn't help expressing my IMHO opinion of course. :D )

I mentioned about how a bunch of us cooked up a similar scheme years ago, on another issue, and the first idea was to pick a car company to boycott. Like, if we picked Ford, people who were going to buy a Pinto could get like a Chevy, or a Fiat..... And one dude yelled out, "Don't get a Fiat." And pretty immediately everybody else agreed "Don't get a Fiat."

It didn't have anything to do with our boycott, but nobody I ever knew got a Fiat.
Except one guy, and he was always having to explain why he got a Fiat.

Hey Larch that wasn't worth telling. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts