Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So recently about a week ago, I’ve started hearing noises. When I start the car starts normally but I hear a little Screeching noise. Now when drive it sounds okay, but when I decelerate I start to hear something whining down after I let go around 3000 rpm. Just wanna have an understand of what it might be and how I fix it. So I know what part to get.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Maybe try starting the car with the belt off? If you don't hear your screech then it's definitely related to the belt system. Roll all the idlers and accessories by hand, check for any play or rough rolling.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe try starting the car with the belt off? If you don't hear your screech then it's definitely related to the belt system. Roll all the idlers and accessories by hand, check for any play or rough rolling.
Car runs fine idling just when I accelerate I hear a noise and really describe and it’s a bit annoying. Guess I’ll lift it and have a person rev so I can see where it’s coming from.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I’ve inspected my car today few hose ripped and I notice that the evap valve a piece loose like the elbow but the hoses are connected still, I’m assuming this is what making my car still going 80mph. Correct me if I’m wrong this is what I believe the vacuum leak is from there, but still looking for the noise

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Inspected and fixed it was my gasket from my header was loose cause a bolt was loose and bolt was missing replaced noise gone, as far as car shutting off was my evap valve was broken I replaced it car is running perfectly fine check engine disappeared, problem solved

1 - 10 of 10 Posts