Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 acura tsx with a 6 spd manual transmission and I want to put the euro r front bumper like in the pic below, but i don`t know if it will fit with no problems. Do I need to replace the hood or any other stuff for proper fitment?

This how I wanted to look but with the acura grille. Keep in mind my car is an 04. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have a 2004 acura tsx with a 6 spd manual transmission and I want to put the euro r front bumper like in the pic below, but i don`t know if it will fit with no problems. Do I need to replace the hood or any other stuff for proper fitment?

This how I wanted to look but with the acura grille. Keep in mind my car is an 04. Thanks in advance.

You have to get the 06+ bumper, which I believe requires the 06+ hood as well..correct me if I'm wrong

·
Registered
663 Posts
Just like he said above^^^ your gonna have to get the oem 06-08 bumper, hood and grille and just buy the 06-08 euro r lip from heeltoeauto.com

·
Loading...█████&#960
296 Posts
i think your oem hood is fine, but you will have the extra chrome trim piece that the 06+ does not have

·
....its fate....
1,276 Posts
i think your oem hood is fine, but you will have the extra chrome trim piece that the 06+ does not have
Correct.
You can keep the stock hood (just paint the chrome to match your paint). I did an 06 euro-r front end conversion to my own car about 2 years ago, so i would know :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Sorry, i know this thread is old, but does anyone know if it will look weird with the 04 hood+06 bumper? With the hood trim match painted of course :D

·
aka Fierycorn
108 Posts
^^ yup you can do that with no problems but got for the ones with the blue tint on the sides? not sure how you guys have it but over here in the uk we have the prefacelift lights wich are just clear and then the facelift with the blue tint on the sides hope this helps !!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Does anybody happen to have a picture of the actual euro lip before it was installed? I've compared pictures of an OEM 06 bumper and pictures of cars with the euro lip on it, but the only difference I can see is the nice grill next to the fog light.

Also, I just dinged the front bumper of my 04 today so I'm planning on doing this conversion as well to the 06 bumper. Would I be fine keeping the current 04 grill, and would it be easy to swap after the new bumper was installed if I were to decide to use a different grill??

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,748 Posts
Bringing this thread back up, I know we need hood, bumper and grille, but my questions is what do we do about fog lights? I've been really thinking about this conversion before I paint my car because I really like the 06+ Mugen Lip. So would I be able to do fog lights and where should I start looking for a fog light kit if I don't have one?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I've done a little research (not too extensive, here and there) on converting bumpers.. Unlike most people, I'm considering to swap my 06+ bumper to a 04-05. I prefer the 04-05 lips and overall look over the 06+.

Along with the bumper, what else do I need to change?

I know my 06+ fog lights won't fit the 04-05 bumper.
I'm pretty sure my 06+ grille won't fit.
I think the headlights will fit, but not snug?
How will my hood line up with the rest?

What if I decide to go with a 04-05 Mugen front bumper, what else would need changing? I'd assume I would need a new rad cover?

As for side skirts, I'm assuming any side skirt for any 1st gen TSX is interchangeable as well?

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
I've done a little research (not too extensive, here and there) on converting bumpers.. Unlike most people, I'm considering to swap my 06+ bumper to a 04-05. I prefer the 04-05 lips and overall look over the 06+.

Along with the bumper, what else do I need to change?

I know my 06+ fog lights won't fit the 04-05 bumper.
I'm pretty sure my 06+ grille won't fit.
I think the headlights will fit, but not snug?
How will my hood line up with the rest?

What if I decide to go with a 04-05 Mugen front bumper, what else would need changing? I'd assume I would need a new rad cover?

As for side skirts, I'm assuming any side skirt for any 1st gen TSX is interchangeable as well?
All side skirts are interchangeable.

If you want to run an 04/05 bumper, you will need an 04/05 grille and rad cover. The headlights and hood are perfectly fine. Everything lines up. You'll also need an 04/05 fog light kit which you can find on eBay.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,748 Posts
Can anyone answer what I can do about the foglights if I decide to go with the 06+ conversion? I'm guessing my only choice is getting it from Acura?

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,748 Posts
You can pic them up from ebay,as well as breakers bud :)
I know they sell the fog light, but I need the complete kit with wire harness and switch. I guess worse case I'll stick to my front and go with the Mugen lip.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hmm

yes 1st gen side skirts are interchangeable
06-08 skirts are different then 04-05...they will clip on fine but they look different. Just went through this shenanigans myself, where i ordered one 04 skirt for my 06 but they were different.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts