Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read the work around for the clock ptoblem...i have the original disc in the system.. My question is: if I buy a more recent disc for the navi then will I be able to reset the clock and the calendar will be correct?

·
Registered
2005 Acura TSX 6spd
20 Posts
I've read the work around for the clock ptoblem...i have the original disc in the system.. My question is: if I buy a more recent disc for the navi then will I be able to reset the clock and the calendar will be correct?
Based on my research (as I'm new to this gen of acura), this is my understanding as far as a fix. By all means someone correct me if I'm wrong. And you can still order this via Acura websites.

Question is, are you willing to pay the fee for that? IIRC that disc is well over $100 - IMHO I wouldn't pay more than $20 for that... period.

I'm down to drop $20 even though I have ZERO long term plans to keep the OE Navi setup as I plan to do what Ken Did - link to AppleCar Play (see the rest of his channel for more on that if you're interested)

·
Registered
Stupid auto..
105 Posts
I think this is a recent thing to go wrong. My clock also just quit working for no reason. Have not found a way to fix it. Honda is not making more discs for our car so I think it's forever broke unless someone else has figured it out

·
Registered
2005 Acura TSX 6spd
20 Posts
Can you state for a fact that this disc will fix the clock/calendar issue?
Without further research I can not, I'm sorry. IIRC it was my understanding that it should but ultimately going the thr route I mentioned on my first post in this thread I find it a moot point to blow money on that DVD.

Perhaps if 5 (or more) of u go in on that DVD, that's $20 a person (or less) and if it works for the first reviewer, u guys can circulate it amongst yourselves

·
Registered
2004 TSX 6 speed with Nav
10 Posts
Can you state for a fact that this disc will fix the clock/calendar issue?
I believe this is the latest one which is the one I bought and I do still have the problem.

I bought it because I was having the screen/reset issue and I thought maybe it was the DVD. Turns out it was the DVD player in the trunk. I wanted to try the cheaper solution before getting that replaced. Turned out a place where I live have a bunch in stock that are repaired so it was like $600 to swap it out. And then I think they take my old, broken one and fix it for someone else.

·
Registered
2005 Acura TSX 6spd
20 Posts
Perhaps if 5 (or more) of u go in on that DVD, that's $20 a person (or less) and if it works for the first reviewer, u guys can circulate it amongst yourselves
I would just like to clarify that this actually won't work as I just found out today, but also as mentioned in the post above me that won't matter as apparently we have a confirmed source

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you want to fix your clock unplug your battery and plug it back in right at 1:00. You are all welcome ;)

This is a GPS week rollover bug. Gotta love Y2K

1 - 9 of 9 Posts