Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2004 TSX. The car has about 122k miles on it. I purchased the car from a dealer and the keyfob they gave me didn't work. The dealer said it's not the original, it's one they purchased and attempted to program. I now own the car, and I've tried to program the keyfob twice so far and it won't take.

The locks seem to work fine when using the button on the dr or pass door, or when using the key in the door.

In laymens terms, here's my understanding of how to program the keyfob-
Ignition on, press either lock or unlock on keyfob, ignition off. Then, basically repeat this step 4 more times and on the 4th try the fob should work the locks; correct??
I've tried this about 40 times and can't get it to do anything w/ the keyfob.

I know the fob is working, the LED on it lights up. I even went to autozone and got it a new battery w/ hopes the fob's old battery was weak and then tried to program it again, but that didn't solve the prob either.

Any suggestions? Could the receiver in the car be bad? I did find this while searching- 2004 Acura Rsx Problem Keyless Entry Electrical 4 Cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual
That shows how to test the receiver (I think?). But I'm not sure if that shows how to test the receiver in the door (I guess that's part of the window controls??), or whatever the main brain thing is behind the dash??

Any help would be appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Try a new battery, or try taking it to an Acura dealer and see if you can get a tech to quickly program it for free.

I remember another board member was having an issue with their remote and a member suggested "unpairing" which involved holding the lock and unlock buttons down and then re-programming.

In any case I would grab yourself a spare set.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.