Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone! My 2004 TSX started to develop this rotating metallic squeak that I believe is coming from the rear. I captured the sound on video here:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hOwWenWrXkc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Anyone have any clues for what may be causing this?

·
~t.sdz
1,579 Posts
I've had this before. For me i had to bend the brake dust cover ( i think thats what its called...its like a disk behind the rotors) a lil back. Also i've read to spray some brake cleaner or rotor cleaner i think it was. i didnt do that. First way worked for me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^ I think you're right. I had the same noise with my old Integra and the mechanic bent the dust cover back and the noise was gone. Just so we're on the same page, is the dust cover item 27 in the pic below?

·
~t.sdz
1,579 Posts
^ I think you're right. I had the same noise with my old Integra and the mechanic bent the dust cover back and the noise was gone. Just so we're on the same page, is the dust cover item 27 in the pic below?

Yes sir. thats the one. This happened to me twice. When i went to the mechanic he used a crowbar to bend it a lil. The second time i was too lazy so i used a screwdriver.

·
Registered
8 Posts
check out the break pads, usually it only squeaks when they are worn down too much or they are dirty. if you need new break pads i highly suggest research for "compressing" the rear calipers. most of the tsx models are different and have threaded back instead of using a clamp

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.