Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 TSX MT, 51K miles. Was garaged for 8+ years. Running for 3 months now. New battery, plugs, tires, fluids, etc. Ran great for 2 months. One day started stalling, not starting. Had chassis ground wires 'cleaned.' Ran fine for a month, now same issue. No CEL's- what could this be? Sensors? Something electrical I assume?

·
Registered
217 Posts
ECU! 2004-2008 TSX Recall. Can I get a free tow to the dealer please?
Oh, snap! I was going to say that I had this problem that went away with new chassis grounding cables; didn't know there was a possible recall involved.

You mean this one from 2013?

NHTSA Vehicle Safety Recalls
Recall Number: 13V093000
Recall Date: 03/15/2013
Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM

Summary
Honda is recalling certain model year 2004-2008 Acura TSX vehicles originally sold in, or currently registered in, Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin and the District of Columbia. In states that use corrosive materials for deicing, driver's footwear may bring in materials that saturate the vehicle's carpeting, which is in contact with the vehicle's engine Electronic Control Unit (ECU). As a result, the ECU case may experience rust or corrosion. This damage may potentially cause the engine to stall.

Consequence
A vehicle stall increases the risk of a crash.

What Owners Should Do
Honda will notify owners and Acura dealers will inspect the vehicle and replace any damaged ECU, free of charge. All vehicles will have a waterproof cover installed onto the ECU, free of charge. The recall began during April 2013. Owners may contact Acura Client Relations at 1-800-382-2238 and select option 4 or go to www.recalls.acura.com.
Since you got this car only three months ago, you should enter your VIN here and see if it's already been applied (maybe you've already done that):

That said, it looks like my own 2007 Acura TSX has this recall service outstanding :eek:

Are dealers still doing this recall service nearly 8 years later?

·
Registered
86 Posts
If it sat that long might be fuel that had jellied or hardened breaking loose and clogging things. May need to replace the fuel filter and flush the system.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I always check the used car history report before buying a car. This gives me an idea of what happened to it before me, from the previous owners. Different services have different services for checking VIN numbers. For example, I use Epicvin for these purposes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts