Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a used 2004 Acura TSX last December and it seems to have an issue with the VSA system. Occasionally, the vsa light and the exclamtion point light will show up on my dash. I know that you can hit the VSA button to toggle the system which will toggle the exclamtion point only. However, when I get both lights, vsa + exclamation, the switch does not work. I have to turn off the power to the engine and restart the vehicle to get rid of this light. I took the car to the dealership once already for this problem, but they claimed it was due to a battery issue and they inidicated that they cleared the issue in the cars computer. After taking the car to the dealership the light seemed to not come on again untill recently. Now, it seems to be coming on daily. I am going to take the vehicle back to the dealer, but want to know if anyone else has this issue.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Tell them that it happened before and their clearing the computer just fixed it temporarily. Then they will find a different way to fix it. If they claim that it is a battery issue, get them to give you a new battery. If they want to prorate your battery price from 2004, tell them that you bought the car from them because of warranty and want it prorated from Dec 2005, the day you bought it.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My battery was replaced prior to bringing in the car to the dealer the first time. I think that they were thinking that I was getting the indicator because my old battery was dying. I actually argued with the Acura dealer in the store to the fact that the VSA light should have nothing to do with my battery, but they seemed convinced that this was the cause. I think they are trying to hide the issue because they do not know how to fix the VSA problem. I will tell them that they did not fix the original problem by clearing the computer. I am still wondering if anyone else is having this problem with the VSA indicator.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am having the same problem. I also have to turn off the engine to get the alert off. I've got about 60K on the car and will be getting the brakes checked soon. JMHO your brakes might need inspection. The battery sounds like a red herring.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I finally got my car into the dealer for this VSA! issue. They replaced a "brake light switch" and so far, I have not had the light come back. The dealership was awesome. Their customer service skills were superb and all repairs were covered under warranty. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
i hve the same probly but instead my whole car shuts off and locks up I have to rev the engine and quickly swtch it to drive anyone getn this issue

1 - 6 of 6 Posts