Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my exhaust put on and this is the outcome for anyone wondering how it would sound!

(Turn up your volume)

Also question.. What is the next performance mod I should do after an exhaust system... Yes I'm missing a lot reflash, intake so on... But what is the most beneficial if you have an exhaust system?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Header.

·
Registered
135 Posts
nice how do you like the exhaust? i just got the same one today im puttin it on tomorrow.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice how do you like the exhaust? i just got the same one today im puttin it on tomorrow.
Thanks, I like it man sounds good to me... Not too loud which is perfect. How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

@Recreant any idea what I'll gain with new headers?

·
Registered
135 Posts
$666.44 shipped to south florida i got a 15% discount for black friday from skunk2.com

how much did you pay?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$666.44 shipped to south florida i got a 15% discount for black friday from skunk2.com

how much did you pay?
Awesome... I found a dealership with the exhaust system that wanted to get rid of it for a stock system... So I traded mine plus paid for the switch $150 + $50 for gas to get there and back... $200 + my stock exhaust. :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
damn thats awesome! i wanted to keep the stock exhaust just incase i needed to go back to stock.

·
After 5-10 Guinness
592 Posts
Also question.. What is the next performance mod I should do after an exhaust system... Yes I'm missing a lot reflash, intake so on... But what is the most beneficial if you have an exhaust system?

That sure has a nice raspy sound to it!!... another tsx keepin ontario beautiful!!.... umm which other mods do you have?? cat? pulleys?? airfilter system?? these are the best supporting mods, besides of course, hondata... light rims and good quality (summer) tires with a good suspension are also a nice place to start...
Mounty

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That sure has a nice raspy sound to it!!... another tsx keepin ontario beautiful!!.... umm which other mods do you have?? cat? pulleys?? airfilter system?? these are the best supporting mods, besides of course, hondata... light rims and good quality (summer) tires with a good suspension are also a nice place to start...
Mounty

Haha thanks, honestly I have only been working on non performance mods up till now. I only got my car 4 months ago. I have put in 8000K HID's, LED strips (Sounds gay but actually looks pretty sick even hooked it up to my turn signal), Flat black, Alpine Type R subs(box broke from the inside they were so loud) & I just added a new touchscreen DVD player in my dash... Had to make my own faceplate for it... Only thing I have done performance wise is this exhaust so far!

Hondata care to explain what it is and what I gain from doing this? Sorry first car I have ever worked on myself. :)

·
Registered
652 Posts
Haha thanks, honestly I have only been working on non performance mods up till now. I only got my car 4 months ago. I have put in 8000K HID's, LED strips (Sounds gay but actually looks pretty sick even hooked it up to my turn signal), Flat black, Alpine Type R subs(box broke from the inside they were so loud) & I just added a new touchscreen DVD player in my dash... Had to make my own faceplate for it... Only thing I have done performance wise is this exhaust so far!

Hondata care to explain what it is and what I gain from doing this? Sorry first car I have ever worked on myself. :)
Google is your friend.
Reflash - TSX

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Sounds really raspy. Not a huge fan. Is the silencer in there?

Recommend the Hondata reflash like everyone said. Maybe UR pulley's, intake (I like my comptech icebox) and header.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds really raspy. Not a huge fan. Is the silencer in there?

Recommend the Hondata reflash like everyone said. Maybe UR pulley's, intake (I like my comptech icebox) and header.

Not too sure how can I check if there is a silencer in it or not? I don't believe there is one in it. Also how much more gas is used with the reflash? Might be a bit raspy because of the fact there is no after market intake or header.

·
~t.sdz
1,579 Posts
Catalytic converter. Change the stock one to a straight pipe or a huh flow.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Catalytic converter. Change the stock one to a straight pipe or a huh flow.
for a huh flow*?

Sorry I'm not too familiar with performance parts. But if I changed the Catalytic converter would it be louder? Or would it just make it sound a lot better. I want it to sound as good as possible without being ridiculously loud... Even right now I think it's a little loud so I doubt there's a silencer in it.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
It's not noticeable in terms of gas usage, but you'll probably put your foot on the floor more since there's more torque. I believe if you add a header, intake, and high-flow cat. Your exhaust will be really loud...

You'll know if you have a silencer if you have this at the end of the exhaust... You can also add resonators, but I'm not 100% sure.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's not noticeable in terms of gas usage, but you'll probably put your foot on the floor more since there's more torque. I believe if you add a header, intake, and high-flow cat. Your exhaust will be really loud...

You'll know if you have a silencer if you have this at the end of the exhaust... You can also add resonators, but I'm not 100% sure.

I plan on getting headers and an intake but I don't want the exhaust any louder I just want a bit of a nicer tone... I believe I don't have a silencer on my system... So if I do get an intake and DC headers I should probably get the silencers as well. Regardless I'm going to get the silencers if it makes it sound better.

·
Registered
427 Posts
dc headers made my car quieter.. haha after i had DC exhaust system...
it wouldn't make too much of a difference anyways unless you deleted your catalytic converter.

·
Registered
427 Posts
if you decide to delete your cat, might as well get a PLM header for the tsx.. =D it sounds good.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Not a fan of deleting the cat. You get a lot of crap on the back of your bumper. Also illegal here in Canada with a huge fine as well as your car being impounded... If you want better flow, use a high-flow cat.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts