Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am changing back to my old intake set up and the damn car wont idle right at all. I had the 06 intake and tb on there and then I am putting back on the 2004 stuff. Well the car just does not want to idle right. I have the hondata reflash and when I start the car, all it does is rev from 1 to 3k over and over and over again. The CEL is finally on and there is no vacuum at all. I put it in grear and there is no brakes. I thought I hooked everything back up but the car just does not want to run. Not sure what to do here?

I guess put the 2006 intake and tb back on and see what happens? I am kinda out of ideas?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nothing was loose, I put the 06 intake and tb back on and it runs fine. Man these cars are super tempermental...thus its going bye bye.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I'm sure you already did this but did you disconnect the battery and connected it again?

·
That's Doctor
231 Posts
I have experienced this with many times when swapping engines. In almost every case, it has been an overlooked vacuum leak. Especially since your brake booster had no vacuum, this supports my claim. This has little to do with being finicky and much to do with something being overlooked.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had everything hooked up the same. Yes, I disconnected the battery and that helped but putting it all back to how I had it really did the job here. I might be picking up a 2000 civic si, a 2006 civic si or a 1994 del sol with the b16. I love my tsx but I am bored with it.

·
-
1,595 Posts
What code did the CEL indicate?

A CEL means stop everything, get a scanner & check for codes. The codes tell you what your next step is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts