Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
, Administrator Emeritus
5,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just wanted to let you guys with USDM 2004 model know that upgrade to heated side mirrors is totally doable. I just did it on my car and chyllintsx'.

For the most part, all the wiring already exists in the car *.
All you need is to replace the switch (part #3), the heated mirror inserts (parts #4 and #11), and you need to run 2 wires per door through each mirror, to the connector where the mirror harness connects. That connector already has the wires for the mirror. Black is the ground and Orange is the switching positive. Or you can just use the orange wire and ground the other side of the mirror's spiral to chassis, either way is fine. It takes a while to take the mirror apart and run the wires though. And removing and fitting the mirror inserts in is really hard if you haven't done it before.

*NOTE: In some of the 04 vehicles (not all), you may need to run a wire from the pass. side to the driver's side because the OEM harness may not be equipped with it. See post #34 for details.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
That's awesome!! :thumbsup:

·
, Administrator Emeritus
5,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just did give you all the info in the first post. I can't tell you step by step how to take panels off and disassemble the mirrors - impossible. This you'll have to figure out on your own. As far as wiring it, everything you need is in the first post. Just read it carefully.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
5,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
BigballinTSX said:
just curious... how much could u get the parts needed for this for?
if you follow the links I included in the first post, the parts from that site are:
switch = $24.54
2 mirror inserts (L & R) = 2 x $42.68 = $85.36
plus their S&H.
Figure, for the parts (new) alone you'd have to spend about $110 + S&H

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
hondatypes said:
what do u benefit from heated mirrors????????????????????????
The 04's have no side mirror defrosters, ect... so bad weather conditions your side mirrors are useless

·
, Administrator Emeritus
5,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
this past winter we didn't have too much of a bad weather in NJ, but when there was snow, ice, sleet, etc., I could never see anything in my side mirrors. It was bugging me as hell that 04 didn't have them heated, but 05 did. Now they're heated :)

I bet Canadian 04 are just like USDM 04. Just take the panel off and look at the harness connector to which the mirror is connected. If you see 2 unused wires on one side of the connector (black and orange), you're in business.

·
Registered
80 Posts
So does the mirror control fit perfectly? Also how do the heated mirrors turn on? Is there a switch on the control or do they turn on automatically when you turn on your defroster?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
5,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's an OEM fit on. You're just replacing OEM parts with other OEM parts. The switch is just like the one in the 05 model (because you're getting the 05 parts that replace your 04 parts). The only trick is to run extra wires through the mirror housings.
Once this mod is done, it will be in and out as OEM (as if it came like that from the factory).

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
nice write-up.
good job !

·
Registered
41 Posts
Awesome! Heated mirrors are very helpful especially here in seattle, the drops of water beads from the rain disappears right off the mirror!

ChillynTsx, you guys want to tackle the NON-Navi to Navi conversion next? lol JK! :wavey:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
hondatypes said:
what do u benefit from heated mirrors????????????????????????
Would've helped me...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
4,232 Posts
xenonhid said:
Awesome! Heated mirrors are very helpful especially here in seattle, the drops of water beads from the rain disappears right off the mirror!

ChillynTsx, you guys want to tackle the NON-Navi to Navi conversion next? lol JK! :wavey:
I believe there's already a write up on this somewhere.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
5,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well, he says he's kidding about the navi conversion.
But anyway, if I had the money for all the parts, I'd definintely do it - would be no problem to tackle that.
And yes, there is a write-up on that made by someone a long time ago.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,330 Posts
xenonhid said:

LOL i have navi already, BUT i did convert it so you can watch dvd's hahaha :D

N

·
0 Posts
What's the difference in the 2004 and 2005 mirror switch? Is there an extra button to turn on and off the heated mirrors or just extra connections to connect the heated mirrors?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
About this Discussion
37 Replies
16 Participants
Peregrine
Acura TSX Forum
TSX Club is the perfect forum for Acura TSX fans and Owners, where you can discuss concerns about reliability or how to upgrade your TSX with mods and accessories.
Full Forum Listing