Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like to start off by thanking all of you for the great insight you have already provided me by just browsing this forum. I'm in the market to buy a MT non nav TSX within the next few months.

Let me get to it....

What type of price breaks are expected for a 2004 TSX vs a 2005 at this point in time? Are there any benefits mechanically in a 2005 that would outweigh any potential price breaks?

Finally any good experiences buying in the Washington D.C. area? If so let me know how you did!

Thanks All!

·
Denial: a river in Egypt
277 Posts
Good question. From a quality perspective I believe the longer a car is out on the market hypothetically the quality should improve the minor qualms of the first year (e.g. buzzing door panels and speakers). Obviously the omission of lighted buttons on the steering wheel for navigation, radio, and cruise etc was an oversight in the 04 year, remedied in the 05. Heated side view mirrors were a nice upgrade for '05 if you live in a colder climate (eg. D.C.). Power passenger seats for the 05' is nice for your um....passenger and does belong on a car for near 30 thousand. Lastly the quiet 'chirp' emitted by locking the doors in the 05' model is a nice touch (as in the TL) and is better IMO than the horn 'honk' of the 04 model. Ah yes, the standard built in XM radio tops it all off like a cherry on top o' the sundae. So, I think these little things do bring the value and luxury up a notch from the 04. Others will say eh.....who cares. Your decision. I guess it depends on what kinda money you want to shell out but last I checked they aren't discounting these puppies much. Good luck-
Rob

·
Registered
64 Posts
PsyDoc said:
I guess it depends on what kinda money you want to shell out but last I checked they aren't discounting these puppies much. Good luck-
Rob
Yeah, most people are only getting $2000 off the MSRP right now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts