Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something interesting about Acura (particularly TSX) is that there's no news in all those car magazines on this car as everyone has mentioned. There are 2 articles on TSX in C&D, no comparison test at all. Nothing on CR yet. Maybe 1 or 2 (the most) articles on various car mags.

No news at all on 2005 TSX also. Not even rumors that are heard from the dealers. (No spy photos, of course). People like us just speculate on the new features of the 2005 TSX.....eg memory seats, etc.....

However, Acura didn't say a word. Talk to the salesman during the weekend, he and I become friends after the purchase of the car. He said he hasn't heard anything on 2005 TSX either. Isn't it weird ???

·
Registered
220 Posts
Probably no change except a few minor items (new paint color, heated mirrors, etc.?)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Typically Honda/Acura makes virtually no changes in the second year of production. You can bet the 05 TSX will look identical to the 04. Very minor changes the list of standard features (possibly XM radio?) or color options, but that is most likely it.

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
my guess would be XM satellite radio (standard on TL, and EX-L accords, why not TSX)...also I think they will add new color combo white ext/black int.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
pocketkiller said:
I think they will add new color combo white ext/black int.
I do not understand why Canada got this combo, and not the US. :donno:
You can bet that would be a hot combo if and when we can get it :thumbsup:

·
Blakura
55 Posts
I'm still mad that I can't find a black on black 6 speed navi tsx!!!! I called like 6 dealerships around the US and they couldn't find one but can custom order me one......I really don't like my silver on quartz tsx.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
I originally wanted a Carbon Gray TSX 5AT back in May 2003, but I would've had to waited 3 months to get a CG TSX. I ended up getting an Arctic Blue TSX 6MT....though now I feel that I made a wise choice because there are too many Satin Silver and Carbon Gray TSXs on the roads. I've only seen one other Arctic Blue TSX besides mines on the streets.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
smgfan said:
Maybe their will be no 05 TSX. I dont know just speculation.
It's not going to happen. There will be 05 TSX.

However, smg's statement makes me wonder.....would it be a good thing or bad thing if a car is only produce for 1 model year ?

As for the pros, it will be more exclusive, I bet. Resale value will be higher.....

but any cons ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I adore my satin silver. I have seen the white, eh... I think white is not the most attractive color for the TSX. I wanted to by the carbon gray, but, like everyone else, it was going to take the dealer a long time to get it in with that color.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
acuradude said:
Oh yeah, one more thing. Someone mentioned a clutchless manual for 2005. What do you think? Sounds iffy to me.
I agree that it's iffy. Partly because I don't really understand what it is. :D

But here's a thought.....Evidently Honda/Acura is taking longer to come out with the '05's than had been expected, and longer than usual for cars in recent years. Maybe it's because there ARE going to be some changes that are more substantial than usual for a 2nd model year, and that takes more time?

Just guessing.

I still wouldn't expect much, but the thing is, usually there aren't ANY substantial changes in a 2nd model year. I think you usually don't even get stuff like power passenger seat, memory driver seat, or heated side mirrors in a 2nd model year if they weren't in the 1st model year. Not to mention an extra 20 horsepower.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Spoke to my dealer today. Still no official word. But before I get to what he said.....

First of all, there's a lot of seemingly conflicting info online about the '05, and as is often the case with things like that, it's not that they're really conflicting, but that they're talking about different things.
Plus of course that Honda/Acura likes to be secretive.

One person (in NY) said he got an Acura brochure that says: "TSX is unchanged for model year '05."

Someone else (in Kentucky) said his dealer confirmed to him that the '05 will have XM radio, power passenger seat, and heated mirrors.
(The '04's already have the heated mirrors in Canada.)

Similar to what that brochure says, my dealer said the '05 will be "unchanged."
But when I mentioned about the power passenger seat and heated mirrors, he said basically that "unchanged" doesn't mean there won't be things like that -- it just means what are considered more basic things, like body.
I asked what about power etc., and he said that's included in "unchanged." :mad:

He said he doesn't know WHEN the '05 will be out. He says the EARLIEST would be October, which sounds right to me, because if it were September, we almost certainly would have known it by now.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I called my dealer yesterday and asked about inventory on a 6 speed. He said the next 6 speed, non-Navi he would get was scheduled to be built on 10/10, with another 45 days to delivery. He claimed that was still an 04 model. Not sure if I can truly believe the accuracy of his statement, because he may have been trying to steer me towards the 6 speed navi he had in stock.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
PSU ODY FAN said:
I called my dealer yesterday and asked about inventory on a 6 speed. He said the next 6 speed, non-Navi he would get was scheduled to be built on 10/10, with another 45 days to delivery. He claimed that was still an 04 model. Not sure if I can truly believe the accuracy of his statement, because he may have been trying to steer me towards the 6 speed navi he had in stock.
Right -- but this is VERY interesting.
I guess it's as reliable as anything else we're hearing. And we're just trying to put it all together.

Larchmont, who likes puzzles like this. :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
I did find it difficult to believe they would still be building 04s on 10/10. Even if production switched over right after that date, it would probably be early December before we see any 05s in the showroom.

On a completely unrelated note, my local Honda dealer just received their first shipment of 05 Accords on Monday.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
larchmont said:
I asked what about power etc., and he said that's included in "unchanged." :mad:
This is strange, as the 05 RSX-S is getting 10 more ponies.. So the RSX-S will be 210HP, while the TSX will remain the same :donno: :(

1 - 20 of 66 Posts