Acura TSX Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Mmmmm must get the Euro, trust me, mine is a year old now... scary to think but it is, and coming up to 20k's too !!

Been here since before I bought it too, some of the members may remember me from those days!

Euro's are an excellent blend of luxury and sheer driving delight, plenty of grunt great handling, simply an awesome car that turns heads :thumbsup: It still suprises me and thrills me almost the same as when I bought it, I still get compliments on her too !

You want the manual eh... well I have the auto, drives like a manual in sequential shift mode anyhow... it is awesome, just throw it over and you can rev high and change just like a manual... and without the annoying clutch ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
My own black automatic Euro Luxury is just a couple of weeks away, hopefully at the most. :) Ming UV tint & Ming interior treatment (w/5year warranty), mats, mudflaps, bonnet & headlight protectors, Honda OEM reverse sensors, tailgate, boot tray lid were the extras. And 5 year Honda TotalCare extended warranty. Haven't gotten a firm date yet but was told by the first week of July... Oh, the excitement. Oh, the agony.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thorn, very glad to hear that you like the tiptronic! Can't wait to try out my own in just a couple of weeks :) And congrats on the 1 year anniversary!!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Aratahu2 said:
Thorn, very glad to hear that you like the tiptronic! Can't wait to try out my own in just a couple of weeks :) And congrats on the 1 year anniversary!!
Trust me you will love it :D Thanks too, I can't belive she is 1 year old!!! Just wait for the compliments to roll in, should have heard my mates and my mum when she saw the Euro!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Picked up my black 05 std mod euro with full oem kit (minus spoiler), paint protection, interior protection, rustproofing and woodgrain trim kit for about 40k.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
It is actually cheaper to buy a fully spec car instead of a base model. When you throw in the accessories and aero bits, they have alot more room to move and negotiate on pricing. That's simply how the market works.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello Noel,

It's probably off the topic, but I heard you're the techy to talk to.

Do you know what is the spec for the valve clearance (intake and exhaust) for the euro? I have been doing this myself and I think I can do it on the Euro. It is easy to do, or do I have to dismantle lots of things above the valves? h1e1l1p

Another question: how does overfilling the oil in the sump can do damage to the engine? And how much above the max line do you have to go above by?

Thanks in advance.

Noel said:
It is actually cheaper to buy a fully spec car instead of a base model. When you throw in the accessories and aero bits, they have alot more room to move and negotiate on pricing. That's simply how the market works.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
330 Posts
I bought my 2005 black lux 6mt model with floor mats, boot tray and all registration fees+ No. plates for 43K .. is that expensive?? coz the registration was 2K+ already?????? thanks

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
MrYoko said:
Do you know what is the spec for the valve clearance (intake and exhaust) for the euro? I have been doing this myself and I think I can do it on the Euro. It is easy to do, or do I have to dismantle lots of things above the valves?

Another question: how does overfilling the oil in the sump can do damage to the engine? And how much above the max line do you have to go above by?
Must be quite early to need the specifications on valve adjustments. I'd suggest you head down to a dealership and ask them for a workshop manager to provide you the exact settings. If I'm not wrong, the sticker on adjustment tolerances should be under the bonnet? No, you do not require alot of work on the K series Honda engines.

Overfilling isn't optimal however not drastic enough to cause serious damage, more of a performance downside instead. Honda engines are well known to consume oil when driven hard often but I wouldn't be using more than 5.5 litres per oil change/drain for 10,000 KM service interval.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Noel said:
Must be quite early to need the specifications on valve adjustments. I'd suggest you head down to a dealership and ask them for a workshop manager to provide you the exact settings. If I'm not wrong, the sticker on adjustment tolerances should be under the bonnet? No, you do not require alot of work on the K series Honda engines.

Overfilling isn't optimal however not drastic enough to cause serious damage, more of a performance downside instead. Honda engines are well known to consume oil when driven hard often but I wouldn't be using more than 5.5 litres per oil change/drain for 10,000 KM service interval.
OK, Thanks. I just wanted to not down the tolerances for future reference when I get to 40k to do it. Anyway, I'll ask again when the time comes. I doubt Honda service would tell me but I'll give it a try. There isn't anything under the bonnet since it is all covered by sound-proofing material.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts