Acura TSX Forum banner

2005 Australian Euro Accord

6K views 31 replies 11 participants last post by  MrYoko 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I'm interested in getting an Aus Euro Accord and was wondering if anyone here has abought a 2005 model?

I previously had a Nissan S15 Silvia/200SX Turbo RWD but it's time for something that's not as harsh. The balance of performance/handling/comfort of the Euro seems perfect.

Not sure if I should get the std or the lux version at this point in time. But I do like the 17" Euro-R rims they have on the 2005 lux model.

My other car is a 2002 2nd Gen CRV to which me and my wife loves and very practical for our 2 young ones.

A belated happy new year and prosperity to all for 2005. :)

-V

G
#4 · (Edited)
G day
I have just bought a silver 2005 accord euro std. The only difference between 2004 and 2005 mod is the full size spare tyre in 2005 (16 in alloy). The std mod is quite a bargain!!! It is a very classy car with very sporty handling. Go for the luxury mod if you have the money, 17 in wheels looks far better and you wouldn't be disappointed.

G
#7 · (Edited)
I just bought a 04 build and 05 complied and spec accord base in auto, the 05 has gota few extra changes, as mentioed the full size spare, thus a total rejig of the boot floor. also minor things such as the cruise and radio buttons on the steering wheel light up now. Also the sales rep told me the suspension is actually softer, more compliant, which i admit i believe, due to my perception that its not as bouncy or hard as a few 04 spec cars that i test drove earlier at different places.

also my opinion is the luxury isnt worth the extra dosh, sure leather and a sunroof are nice, but its the same car, u get all the same options and features, except comfort things, as mentioned, and also xenons which are nice but again not a big leap forward over normal halogens which are pretty good compared to other cars btw.

Also new 05 17 inch mags look well, not very classy compared to the 16's, though ive seen some nicer 17's on acura tsx's overseas. I reckon honda should have imported em.

ohh yeh the only thing ide want in a luxury would be the head air bags, which cant be ordered in base spec.
And the only good exterior colors come in black leather trim and the blue wood grain trim is seriously pukeworthy. (disgusting)

Only white and black are available with cream leather trim, no more maron color for 05 models and the new red color available is black only interior trim.

Sure black is nice exterior color as ppl say but its too damn common. :(

i wonder why honda didnt give australia the choice of interior trim colors, maybe to keep costs down??

lol its 3am and im raving on. im just happy to find a forum on this wonderful car.
Cheers

Anthony :jump:

#11 ·
supagrub said:
G day
I have just bought a silver 2005 accord euro std. The only difference between 2004 and 2005 mod is the full size spare tyre in 2005 (16 in alloy). The std mod is quite a bargain!!! It is a very classy car with very sporty handling. Go for the luxury mod if you have the money, 17 in wheels looks far better and you wouldn't be disappointed.
Can I ask how much you got as a driveaway price. I am thinking of buying a 2005 Accord Euro lux auto. Do you think about $45000 is a good buy or am I paying too much?

And if there are any Aussies in Perth who is thinking of buying a Euro, maybe we could group-buy to slam the dealer prices down.

#13 ·
Noel said:
Groupbuy won't "slam" prices down and prices vary from state to state. Your best negotiation to work with your local dealers will secure you a reasonable acceptable deal. $45K driveaway is in the "standard/average" pricing range.
So if $45k drive away is the standard price for Euro lux auto trans, how much do you think I can go down? $44k, $43k $42k before the dealer doesn't want to do business with me?

Thanks

#21 · (Edited)
Mmmmm must get the Euro, trust me, mine is a year old now... scary to think but it is, and coming up to 20k's too !!

Been here since before I bought it too, some of the members may remember me from those days!

Euro's are an excellent blend of luxury and sheer driving delight, plenty of grunt great handling, simply an awesome car that turns heads :thumbsup: It still suprises me and thrills me almost the same as when I bought it, I still get compliments on her too !

You want the manual eh... well I have the auto, drives like a manual in sequential shift mode anyhow... it is awesome, just throw it over and you can rev high and change just like a manual... and without the annoying clutch ;)

#22 · (Edited)
My own black automatic Euro Luxury is just a couple of weeks away, hopefully at the most. :) Ming UV tint & Ming interior treatment (w/5year warranty), mats, mudflaps, bonnet & headlight protectors, Honda OEM reverse sensors, tailgate, boot tray lid were the extras. And 5 year Honda TotalCare extended warranty. Haven't gotten a firm date yet but was told by the first week of July... Oh, the excitement. Oh, the agony.

#24 ·
Aratahu2 said:
Thorn, very glad to hear that you like the tiptronic! Can't wait to try out my own in just a couple of weeks :) And congrats on the 1 year anniversary!!
Trust me you will love it :D Thanks too, I can't belive she is 1 year old!!! Just wait for the compliments to roll in, should have heard my mates and my mum when she saw the Euro!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.