Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

WASHINGTON — Honda is recalling 21,776 of its 2005 Honda Odyssey Touring minivans with a power-operated rear liftgate because its struts could wear prematurely, resulting in the liftgate's closing unexpectedly, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

"The power liftgate gas struts may deteriorate unexpectedly early," said NHTSA in its recalls summary of the problem. "Struts that have worn out prematurely may fail to hold the power liftgate in the fully open position, causing the power liftgate to close unexpectedly. Injury may result from a power liftgate closing unexpectedly when a person is within the closing path of the liftgate."

Honda dealers will inspect the gas liftgate struts and replace them for free. The recall is expected to begin in March. Honda owners can contact the automaker at (800) 999-1009.

Inside Line says: If you own the aforementioned Honda Odyssey minivan, have it checked out by your dealer ASAP. In the meantime, watch your head. — Anita Lienert, Correspondent

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
Man, I got scared when I read the title. Luckily, I don't have the Touring model.

What's with all the recalls lately? It's like a virus is spreading.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts