Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Do those side/door panels look similiar to the TSX? I think they do. It's definitely an improvement over the current IS300.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
Hmm...it doesn't look that bad. Definately has a matured look to it.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
5,757 Posts
not bad looking if you as me.
 

·
Guitar and Amp Junkie
Joined
·
465 Posts
Wow, cool find! I liked the look of the original IS300, with the exception of those boy-racer tail lamps. I wonder what the back end looks like now?

Definitely a car I would consider.

It's Friday, baby!!


Ferg-o-rama
 

·
Orangeblood
Joined
·
136 Posts
Interesting!

Got a very TSX (high tail, slab-sided) look to it.

Kinda surprised they'd go to a V6. Must be pricey!
 

·
BUM
Joined
·
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Yea I was thinking with that equipment, it must have to start around the TL level ~ 33k.

As far as the French site goes, I just know that no information is available in the US on the 05 model (except it should be out in November 04) - so I went looking. Of course if anyone can read French I believe it says (rumored to have AWD) or something to that effect...but mostly I just wanted to find a picture.
they also have the bmw 4 & 1 series cars...and a 04 honda crx!
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
pocketkiller said:
Yea I was thinking with that equipment, it must have to start around the TL level ~ 33k.

As far as the French site goes, I just know that no information is available in the US on the 05 model (except it should be out in November 04) - so I went looking. Of course if anyone can read French I believe it says (rumored to have AWD) or something to that effect.......
If anyone feels like it, you can copy that text onto one of those free translation sites and get a quickie English version. I'd do it myself but I don't think you can do that wih this hotel TV internet keyboard that I'm on.

Those quickie translations are pretty good, but usually funny as all hell because the system isn't all that smart. It doesn't know most slang and jargon, so you get all kinds of ridiculous stuff. I'd love to see what it does with "'all wheel drive."
 
G

·
I took french in high school. Here is my translation (might be some mistakes, but i doubt it)

Voici le modèle qui devrait remplacer l’actuelle IS 300. Possiblement équipée d` un moteur développant 280 chevaux. Soit un 6 cyl 3,5 litres. Les rumeurs courent également sur une version « AWD».

Here is the model which will actually replace the IS 300. It is possibly equiped with a motor which develops 280 horsepower, with a 6 cyl, 3.5 litre displacement. The rumours continue to run about an All Wheel Drive version.

That is just a rough translation.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
iceman2cuol4u said:
....."Here is the model which will actually replace the IS 300. It is possibly equiped with a motor which develops 280 horsepower, with a 6 cyl, 3.5 litre displacement. The rumours continue to run about an All Wheel Drive version."

That is just a rough translation.
So, this isn't anything close to confirmation of AWD. Nice work, iceman!

BTW I've noticed your user name on the site before, glad to see you're posting. Let's see if you're really 2cuol4us. :D

Just for laughs, I got one of those free internet translations. Here it is:

"Here the model that should replace l’actuelle I'S 300. Possibly equipped dç a motor developing 280 horses. Be a 6 cyl 3,5 liters. The rumors run equally on a version « AWD»."

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Love it, especially that last part, about how the rumors run on AWD. :rofl:

I wouldn't have clearly gotten that the AWD is just a "rumor" without iceman's translation.
 

·
The Voice of Reason
Joined
·
1,481 Posts
In consideration of multilateralism, this is the same statement translated sequentially into Russian, German and finally English. :)

"Here model that that 300 of l should replace' actuelle I. Probably developing d&#1079 equipped; the machine 280 horses. There will be 6 cylinders of 3.5 liters. The interrogations controlled likewise on the version AWD."
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
bob shiftright said:
....."Here model that that 300 of l should replace' actuelle I. Probably developing d&#1079 equipped; the machine 280 horses. There will be 6 cylinders of 3.5 liters. The interrogations controlled likewise on the version AWD."
I think that's just about the level of accuracy of our intelligence's Arabic translations.


P.S. And it might also be typical of what you wind up with in general when one person tells another, who tells another, who tells another....which is basically what Bob's cool translation was.
 

·
Just a little nutty
Joined
·
664 Posts
Looking good. :thumbsup:

If there ever was doubt that IS300 was a direct competitor to the TSX (as entry level sport-luxury sedan), I take this as Toyota's way of making a grand appearance into that market.

And at 280HP and possible AWD, TSX may have to pick it up a notch.
(Some may even compare it against the TL with that much HP).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
954 Posts
I'm guessing that Toyota is bumping up the IS300 to compete better against the BMW 330i (maybe even the M3). Meanwhile, the TSX targets the 325i market, with the TL competing somewhere in the 330i and 525i/530i market.
 

·
BUM
Joined
·
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
thats what I thought...330. That way they can still charge 33k and offer more performance (on paper) and better value than the 330. As far as M3, they would have to use their V8 (which probably won't fit), and upgrade quit a few things to compete...definitely possible but I don't see that as likely. You also didn't mention the G35...eating up the IS300 market.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
954 Posts
Yeah, you're right... the M3 would still be a bit out of the reach of that new IS300. 333 HP/262 ft-lbs is pretty impressive out of a 3.2L I6. I don't think a V8 would be necessary to compete, but it would sure help.

I'd guess that a new IS300 would probably be a bit more like $35k with the bigger engine and AWD.

Yeah, the G35 has been doing pretty well. It's a much better bargain than the 330i and outperforms just about every other car in its class. The TL is no slouch either, but being FWD seems to be hurting it.
 

·
Guitar and Amp Junkie
Joined
·
465 Posts
The problem with the G35 is that it's ugly as hell. Nissan/Infiniti has a real problem with designing the back end of their cars. Usually, the front looks okay, but when I get around the rear I'm all like eeeewwww. And this has been a problem for a while....late 90's Sentras, ick. Fourth generation Maximas, like the one I had -- rear end too blunt. 5th gen Maximas -- ugh. 2nd generation Altimas -- yikes, all around. 6th gen Maximas -- um hello, who's smoking pot? The rear of the G35 looks like it was sliced off and cauterized with a high-powered laser.

Plus the interior is distinctly "Nissan", which I'm pretty sure is Japanese for "cheap plastic".

:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
954 Posts
Ferg said:
The problem with the G35 is that it's ugly as hell. Nissan/Infiniti has a real problem with designing the back end of their cars. Usually, the front looks okay, but when I get around the rear I'm all like eeeewwww. And this has been a problem for a while....late 90's Sentras, ick. Fourth generation Maximas, like the one I had -- rear end too blunt. 5th gen Maximas -- ugh. 2nd generation Altimas -- yikes, all around. 6th gen Maximas -- um hello, who's smoking pot? The rear of the G35 looks like it was sliced off and cauterized with a high-powered laser.

Plus the interior is distinctly "Nissan", which I'm pretty sure is Japanese for "cheap plastic".

:D
When I first saw the G35, I also thought it had a pretty ugly rear. Now when I see one, it doesn't seem as bad (must be getting used to it), but I still think it could've been made better. I think the G35 coupe is much better looking all the way around and wish they could've made the sedan look more like it.

I don't think the Altimas are that bad at all, but definitely the Maxima needs help. I think the cheap interiors on Nissans/Infinitis are standard across the board... guess that's why they are able to keep the price tag down.

There have been some cars that they made that were nice looking (IMO)... like the 300ZX and 350Z.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top