Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys! my 60 yr old momma is selling her 2005 Ford Mustang GT. She is the first and only owner. Drove it off the lot in 2004. it is a light blue metallic color with black interior. 2 door coupe with rear spoiler. This car has rarely had passengers in it, mainly just her paperwork for work so the interior should be fantastic. The exterior is maybe a 7 or 8 out of 10, because she does have a circular dent in the rear bumper, maybe the size of a 50 cent piece. the front bumper has some of the plastic lower grille missing.

Last year, ford replaced one of the cams. This year, it threw a rod. The rest of the time my mom has had this car she has had zero problems. She would fix it, but $$ is a problem. Ford wants $6600 to install a new engine. So, if you have access to an engine and a cherry picker and the know how for installation, this is a fabulous steal of a deal. She only wants $8k. Pink slip in hand.

this obviously is not a car you can drive away in, but it may also be easier and cheaper then Ford is telling my mom. I don't know, I am not a ford mechanic. Pls let me know if you are interested. Car is located in Ventura County. I can get pictures, but it will be the next time I visit (I live 5 hours north, in Monterey county).

·
TarmacTSX
1,590 Posts
What's the mileage on the car?
6600 isn't the worst i've heard. Actually isn't bad for parts+labor, especially if it's a completely fresh motor. Its only a 4.6, but it's a 3 valve if i'm not mistaken and they're not cheap.
On the contrary if someone does wanna pick this up, a fun fact for a buyer is the new Coyote 5.0 motors(motor only) start at 5700 and some change through ford racing. The Tremec T56 trans should bolt right up.
Good luck.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it has 103k older lady miles on it. my mom's idea of fun driving and mine are completely different.

the cost for the engine + labor isn't that bad, i agree. The reason why she is choosing to sell it is that she has had some major financial issues over the past few years and some health issues over the last year. So he cannot afford at this time to pay for a new engine

on a sidenote, i am shocked they posted this, considering i don't have my name on a picture of the item. i of course read the rules after i posted... NOOB. lol. i fully expect for this post to be removed or locked after not too much time. I will get pics when i can, but my mom lives 5 hrs away from me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts