Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, when I bought the car it came pre-wired with 4 gauge wiring for the sound system, a signal wire, and a LOC (sorry I forgot the brand) for RCA input off the rear deck speakers.

I got a pretty decent deal on my amp from visions and my the sub and box were a late surprise birthday gift. I have an MTX 12" Jackhammer (JH5512D) and a Pioneer 800 Watt amplifier (GMD7500M). I connected everything properly but didn't inspect the LOC wiring. I assumed it was correct and I was way too excited from the present.

The problem is the sub barely pounds even with the OEM HU set to +6 bass. I've cranked the gain and the bass boost up, turned off the LPF (low-pass filter). I then switched the sub wiring (incase internally it was backwards) and that did nothing.

One solution I found was if I set my balance all the way to the left or all the way to the right the sub pounds. I re-read the owner's manual and pulled this excerpt,

"This product is a mono amplifier for subwoofer. If both L(left) and R(right) channels are connected to the RCA input of this product, output is mixed because this product is a mono amplifier."​

The sub can be ran from speaker level input using the wire provided (RCA on one end and 4 wires on the other). I think the easiest solution would be to use the wire kit provided and run speaker level input but any suggestions for troubleshooting the LOC RCA combination?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what happens if you only plug in one of the RCA's into your amp, not both
how are your rear speakers tapped?
I haven't tried that yet, and I'm at work but as soon as I'm home I want to inspect the LOC connections and I'll try that suggestion.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
either your loc or sub is wired backwards.. try first to switch the + and - wires on the sub..
I tried switching the wires on the sub Monday night but that didn't help.

Last night I looked at the LOC, it's a Stinger SN-11 and initially looks like it's wired wrong but I'll confirm tonight since last night I passed out and didn't make it to the garage. :laugh:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First off, my bad for the late replies, life's been hectic.

So most of the issues are solved. The LOC ground wire was hanging, after connecting it the chassis it got louder but the main thing was the rear right speaker wires were inverted, switching those made a huge difference. Now it's incredibly loud so I just have to tune it correct.

Also, the signal wire is tapped into a fuse by the driver's side which means if I turn the stereo off while driving it hums loudly! I'm going to find a better source wire to fix this and hopefully it also stops the thump everytime I turn my car on or off. Thanks guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.