Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone... i'm looking to buy an 2005 tsx 6spd (w/o NAVI)... anyone in the mississauga/toronto area know how much "room" there is to negotiate off the MSRP of $34900??

thanks

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
I know that Sherway Acura won't negotiate on price on a TSX. They quoted me $41k w/ all the GST and A/C tax included, they won't go lower than $39,500. However, at Erin Mills at the auto mall they are more willing to negotiate. I've seen them take off about $2,500 the price of a new TSX. Try asking for Leo S. at Erin Mills, he might be able to help.

·
HONDA Newb!
167 Posts
hmm.. I got mine at 35500 out the door.. but that was for 2004.. when 2005s started rolling in.. Good luck with your purchase!

·
Registered
39 Posts
cheori said:
hmm.. I got mine at 35500 out the door.. but that was for 2004.. when 2005s started rolling in.. Good luck with your purchase!
Cheori, wow.....that's approx. $31,000+tax! Was that closer to the end of 2004 when Acura was offering the $1500 manufacturer's rebate? Also, what dealership?

I've been shopping around for a 2005. For a 6spd w/o Navi all the Vancouver area dealerships are not even willing to entertain or even bother an offer of $33,000+tax - they all say that's below their 'cost'. Absolute lowest I've been able to find is approx. $34,000+tax.

I don't seem to understand why such the big price difference between the 2004 vs. 2005 even though MSRPs between the 2 are only $100 (higher for 2005)????

·
HONDA Newb!
167 Posts
hmm.. well I got mine at Nove. 29th.. So I am not too sure if that was time the manufacturers were offering rebates.. I believe the new ones cost about 750-1000 more for dealerships from what I've gathered, but I could be wrong.. I got it from Lougheed Acura. Look for Henry Shum and tell him Young introduced you to him. He is pretty good guy. Just get a best offer he can offer and say if you like it, you'll sign it. That pretty much got me the deal.. My final purchase on paper is $35058.55..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Ruff,

I got mine at Acura in Markham for $32,806 b4 taxes and other charges.

Specs: 2005 TSX, 6-spd, non-Navi, Black on Black, Wheel Locks, Winter Mats (Front and Rear) and Trunk Tray.

L8tr!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Oh, I forgot to mention Erin Mills is a great dealership for test drive demos.

It's the first dealership I have ever been to in which the car sales man let's you drive the car unsupervised. Which means you can beat the snot out of the car and push it as hard as you can give it ;o)

Some tips:

Go to multiple dealerships and tell them what the other dealership is offering and ask them if they can beat thier offer.

Try to look for a newby salesperson, they are usually willing to give you a better price at least from my experience. Why, cause they are more concerned about making a sale (and meeting thier quota) rather than how much they will be taking in from the deal.

L8tr!

·
Registered
31 Posts
@ Erinmills Acura ask for Charlie

Guys you want a kool sales guy and someone thats really honest and can work out a deal for you, Go to Erinmills Acura and ask for Charlie. I bought my car from him 2004 TSX he gave me a very very god deal on the car and my trade in. He told you and explained everything in detail and his story never changed whish was kool/ Well hope I can help .......wazupwazid :wavey:

·
Carm
44 Posts
Hi, actually if you want a good deal, go to ACura 2000 and Ask for Francesco Policaro, which is the son of the Policaro family who actually owns Toyota, lexus, and Acura dealership in Brampton. Really good guy. Will give you the best price. Let me know if you are interested and I will give you my name, as a referral.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts