Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok I think my GPS antenna is no longer working so I have a few questions 1st off if i need to replace the antenna how do i go about locating it without destroying my car ? 2nd if someone can please look at the link i provided with 10 pics and let me know if everything is connected correctly in the back of the GPS DVD unit I Noticed there is one plug that has NOTHING plugged into it and also notice that there was one plug that was tied off but seams very short and un able to plug into anything on the back of the GPS unit. Picture 009 shows a good image of what I am talking about. Thank you all very much in advance any and all help is appreciated.

MobileMe Gallery

·
Let me...help you!
1,335 Posts
I wish I could help you, but the 2006 navi unit has a different rear end. If there was supposed to be something plugged there, it probably would come out of the harness like the other plugs. On the 06, we have an empty one for the rear view camera. Maybe yours is for diagnostic-use only?

Your antenna should be located nearby. According to this schematic from http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/jsp/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=TSX&catcgry2=2005&catcgry3=4DR+TSX+(NAVIGATION)&catcgry5=NAVIGATION+SYSTEM&ListAll=All&vinsrch=no

it looks like the antenna (#4) would be mounted somewhere underneath the rear shelf with two screws. (I assume its the rear shelf since metallic tint on the rear windshield deflects gps signals away from the antenna.)

The 2006 navi unit looks like this (picture courtesy of the rear-view camera DIY thread on the other TSX forum, with the red-circle indicating where the rear-view camera cable goes):

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah thank you for your reply :) And ya thats alot different than mine BUT i am 99% sure my GPS antenna is bad so i am looking to get a new one and test that theory out tomorrow haha. Now i pretty much just need to know how to get to the old gps antenna so that i can place the new one in the same place without destroying the inside of my car haha. Thanks again for your reply and help :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yeah thank you for your reply :) And ya thats alot different than mine BUT i am 99% sure my GPS antenna is bad so i am looking to get a new one and test that theory out tomorrow haha. Now i pretty much just need to know how to get to the old gps antenna so that i can place the new one in the same place without destroying the inside of my car haha. Thanks again for your reply and help :)
How did u figure Ur antenna was bad?

·
Let me...help you!
1,335 Posts
Maybe someone can scan a service manual page for you. I don't have a manual of my own since so far I have been able to find everything I need online. Or maybe you can try looking through the threads that outline the non-navi to navi conversion and see if any of the pictures show it (or maybe PM the thread authors).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts