Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and thanks in advance to all who read this. I've owned an Acura CL for almost 10 years now and she's still going strong at 250,000 miles. Because of my great experience with Acura, recently we purchased a 2005 TSX for my wife and she loves it. BUT...as of lately there has been a string of issues I'm hoping somebody may have some insight into a fix. I've done several searches but did not come across a situation that mimics ours.

The car is a 2005, with AT and 79,000 miles.

The front left wheel bearing started to go out so we had it replaced. After that the ABS/VSA/Triangle lights came on. After some research we determined it was either A) ABS/Speed sensor or B) Wheel Bearing put in wrong. Shop claimed 'no way' on B so since it was a (realatively) cheap fix we did the sensor no luck. After some fighting with the shop and a wager, they pulled the bearing and lookie, lookie...it was in backwards. They replaced and pressed correctly. Now comes the issue. The ABS light went off but the Triangle light stays on. When the car is drive for a couple/few minutes, the VSA light will come on as well. If the car is turned off, the VSA goes off only come back on again shortly after driving. (and yes, we toggled the switch).

I checked the VSA fuses under the hood and they look good. I've read it could possibly be the brake switch but not sold on this being the issue. The CC and brake lights work fine and the VSA only comes on after driving.

Any thoughts? Could the ABS sensor have gotten damaged? Does the system just need a 'reset'? I'd like to troubleshoot before taking it to the dealership. Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Don't think it is a ABS sensor issue. If it is the ABS sensor, your ABS light will be on as well.

Possible DTCs:
25 Yaw sensor
26 Lateral acceleration sensor
27 Steering angle sensor
64 Sensor Power Voltage
65 Brake Fluid Level
66 VSA Pressure Sensor
68 Brake Pedal Position Switch
83 ECM/PCM
84 VSA Sensor Neutral Position
86 F-CAN

I would try to retrieve the DTC code stored, I retrieve it by jumping 2 pins and looking at the flashing light pattern. Look it up.

If you don't know how to retrieve/read the DTC,
try checking brake fluid level, and do a VSA neutral position memorization.

·
Registered
81 Posts
there is a diy on the forum for how to read the codes / reset / and calibrate the vsa neutral position. Its very easy, check it out and report back with your codes.

I currently have all three lights on. When i read the codes i had alot of codes stored so i started by clearing them out and then going for a drive. When the lights came on again I found one code for the front right wheel speed sensor. Im in the process of ordering the part and replacing it soon.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello,

I had the VSA light and triangle come on intermittently for almost an entire year, it cut out my traction control and ABS at times and didnt really affect driving. Eventually i got fed up and did some research; I ended up changing the Brake Pedal Position Switch and viola! A $12 dollar part replaced and no more lights. Give it a shot, very simple to install yourself as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay in a response here. I forgot my login info.

It ended up being a non-issue. We had the shop do a quick reset to clear the codes and the lights went off and stayed off.

I appreciate all the input and have bookmarked the DYI for reading codes.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
26 Posts
sorry to bring back an old thread, but my car is throwing codes 83-1 (ecm/pcm) and 84-1 (vsa neutralization) how do i get rid of them?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello,

I had the VSA light and triangle come on intermittently for almost an entire year, it cut out my traction control and ABS at times and didnt really affect driving. Eventually i got fed up and did some research; I ended up changing the Brake Pedal Position Switch and viola! A $12 dollar part replaced and no more lights. Give it a shot, very simple to install yourself as well.
sorry to revive post but was your brake lights working? mine are working so i dont think its the brake pedal switch?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.