Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a local guy asking if I can part out my reflash, he also drive a 2006 TSX auto. My response to him was that we have to swap our ECU but we might have to take our car to the dealer to sync our newly swapped ECU with the immobolizer/keys. Am I right or is there another way we can do it to avoid paying that extra money at the dealer?

·
Registered
365 Posts
I just bought a reflash'd ECU for my 04. Had to take it to the dealer, they sync up the ECU with the immobilizer and keys I think. They charged me $150. Another member here said his dealer charged him $100.

Quick and painless.

·
-
1,696 Posts
I have a local guy asking if I can part out my reflash, he also drive a 2006 TSX auto. My response to him was that we have to swap our ECU but we might have to take our car to the dealer to sync our newly swapped ECU with the immobolizer/keys. Am I right or is there another way we can do it to avoid paying that extra money at the dealer?

Send both ECU's, both immobolizers, both ignition keys to Hondata for them to sync them up.

OR

Drive both cars to a Acura/Honda dealer. Have the dealer or you guys swap ECU's. Have the dealer technician re-sync up the keys & immobolizers.

OR (this might work)

Swap the ECU's, immobolizers, ignition cylinders & the drivers door locks. (And the trunk lever lock).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts