Acura TSX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,287 Posts
side skirt has been redesign to complement the front/rear bumper changes

06-08 is unofficially approx 100lbs heavier than 04-05 models
Source? I'd like to know more about this.

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
Heres my contribution, hope this helps:

04/05 had a radiator fan switch

06-08 it was converted to a sensor (ect sensor 2/water temp sensor)

·
Registered
390 Posts
'06 ride height was reduced.

Its quite obvious in the side pictures. I don't know if it is a function of the springs, the shocks, or both.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,287 Posts
'06+ use Fresnel lenses for the HID projectors opposed to clear lenses. Output seems similar to me, though some argue clear has a little more. Frensels were designed to be be less blinding to on-coming traffic with a slightly softer cutoff. I'd rather use this design personally.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have an 06 TSX and i dont see a difference in the shift knob of the 2005 and the 2006 can someone elaborate. Also didnt the 04 have the brake assist feature as well. And what colors did they change throughout the years.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,287 Posts
• New nine-spoke alloy wheels
----- Made by Enkei of Japan. 17 x 7.5 +55
I'm pretty sure both stock wheels are 17x7.
I have an 06 TSX and i dont see a difference in the shift knob of the 2005 and the 2006 can someone elaborate. Also didnt the 04 have the brake assist feature as well. And what colors did they change throughout the years.
You mean the VSA stability feature? And I don't see a difference in shift knob either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
No the brake assist feature. If you hit the brakes with a certain amount of speed it gives you full braking before you get the pedal to the floor.

·
Registered
390 Posts
The ride height difference still needs to be added. Maybe someone could check shock and spring part numbers to see what actually is responsible for the change.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is there a difference between the 04/05 engine splash shield, to the 06 one. I can't find a 2006 engine splash shield anywhere online, but there are plenty of 04's.

·
Registered
111 Posts
This is what i posted on k20a.org

Ok I own a 2006 TSX 6sp.
The motor i just recently found out was being eaten alive. I'll show pics later on. and i'll explain later as well.

Briefing:
I just recently purchased a motor from a shop and I checked the head and everything looked good. However, i didn't get to look at the pistons or anything.
The shop also told me it was imported from Japan.

Now on to the Questions:

1. How do I tell if I bought a 04-05 or 06-08 k24a2 motor? What indicators are there. There is no VIN because it was imported from Japan. so how do i check???

2. Being that i still have my old head, and i know the head is still in excellent condition i can just swap heads without a problem right, or should i get it machined before slapping it together?....

heres some more info I found later on that and posted on k20a.org, but i need clarification...

So I just read something that said something like:

Note: The 2006-2008 K24A2 in the U.S. market Acura TSX has the following improvements[2]
Power: 205 hp @ 7000 rpm
Torque: 164 lbft @ 4500 rpm
Increased intake flow:
Intake valve + 1 mm oversize
Intake cam High lift lobe with 0.9 mm more lift and 12 degrees more duration
Throttle body increased from 60-64mm
Radius on some intake pipes increased from 70-80mm
Increased exhaust flow
Exhaust Head pipe increased frm 60-65mm
Higher flow catalytic converter
Main (single) exhaust pipe increased from 54-57mm
Rear (twin) pipes increased in diameter from 42.5 to 45mm

Block improvements:
- Additional air passages in crankcase for reduced pumping losses
- Other
- Stronger conrods
- New crankshaft with more counterbalance weight
- Revised pistons with more valve-piston clearance

Now I know i might seem slow when i ask this question, but did i just basically buy a 2004-2005 Block with a 2006-2008 head on it because i brought it from Japan??? and, if i'm reading this correctly, Japan didn't make the same changes to the Block as we in the U.S did??? If so, this to me would be a JDM Fail USDM for the WIN! Oh LORD, seems like I would have been better off buying a CRV block or full motor and swapping heads... All input would be nice in this mater. I have 6 months to say I want to keep the motor or return it and get my money back. LMK what you guys think...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Can anyone tell me if the glove boxes are interchangeable from 04-06 to 06-08 models? I am looking to purchase one (apparently mine was painted after a break-in and it's chipping now? wtf...). Thanks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
So I recently picked up an 05 6 speed. Now I knew it was going to be slower then my past cars but man. Either way do really enjoy everything about it. But did I make a mistake with getting a 05 and not an 06+? Also I assume that it must be a late model 05 because I have the exact same steering wheel, navigation etc... but my body does not have the different lip or fogs as the 06+.

Either way I plan on keeping it I am second owner and only 40k on it so I'm happy.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts