Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I just got my tsx last November! And i keep getting tighten fuel cap. Took it to the dealer they just said it was the actual cap so now u got a new one and it is still popping up, as well as the check emission light. So someone recommended me to take the positive from the battery and put it back on. Next day it popped up again. What should i do?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hello,

Can you give us more info on the code if you still have it?

·
Registered
140 Posts
FWIW, few years back mine came on out of the blue, stuck around for a few days, then went away and never came back.
This could be the answer as the OP should drive the car for a certain miles. I cannot remember what's the actual number of miles are but at least 30 miles before the ecu will read it and clear the code itself.

As for OP, did the dealer clear the code for you? Do you have any aftermarket parts on the car? I.e. intake, headers, test pipe, cat back exhaust

·
Registered
377 Posts
The OP likely has a fuel vapor management (aka EVAP) issue. Newer cars have a three strikes type of situation when the EVAP system recognizes a “small leak”. Rather than seeing a check engine light for something as simple as a loose or missing fuel cap, a warning is displayed to check the fuel cap. If the condition of the cap is ok and the ECU still determines there is a leak in the EVAP system, the check engine lamp will illuminate and a hard fault will set in the ECU. The codes can look like: P0457- EVAP small leak detected. If you have that code or something similar, more diagnostics will be needed to determine the cause of the leak.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts