Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2007 Acura tsx
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Acura TSX I was having an issue starting my car so I got a ride to work and my son in hopes of I guess trying to help me out took my battery completely out of my car and brought it into my house and decided to use a battery charger to charge the battery I guess I don’t have to say he’s not really mechanically inclined, but however, he was trying to help, but when I went to go and reinstall my battery, which is pretty simple thing to do I noticed that there is now a loose cable or cable. It looks like it should be hooked up somewhere and it has what looks like to be a 40 amp fuse thing connected to it… I only saw this wire that was loose and not connected to anything because when I reinstalled the battery I couldn’t start it and when I jumped it, it wouldn’t start but only run briefly before shutting off, so I’m wondering if he what is that he could’ve all disconnected when he disconnected. My battery could’ve pulled something loose. Was there something else that was connected to the battery that I wasn’t aware of cause I wasn’t there when he remove the battery itself. This may be a really stupid question. I’m just not that mechanically inclined myself it just looks like this wire needs to be connected somewhere.

· -
1,795 Posts
Lock your car and keep the keys away from your son!
At least don't let him work on your car without your supervision...

Post up a picture of the current battery connected in the car and a picture of the loose, unconnected cable.
What does your son say about this loose cable?

What does your voltmeter say about your battery?

· Registered
2007 Acura tsx
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I said the exact same thing when I came home and found my battery not inside my vehicle. I will run out and take a picture in just a moment and I will post it and when I asked my son if he did anything different he’s like no mom I just took third what scares me the most is it has no mom I just took the red cable off in the black cable so it’s very frustrating. I’ve just put so much time and money into this vehicle already. I’m just getting overwhelmed but I’m keeping it for very personal reasons and that’s why I keep you know putting more and more cash into it. I will post a picture in just a few moments. Thank you for responding

· Registered
2007 Acura tsx
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lock your car and keep the keys away from your son!
At least don't let him work on your car without your supervision...

Post up a picture of the current battery connected in the car and a picture of the loose, unconnected cable.
What does your son say about this loose cable?

What does your voltmeter say about your battery?
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Vehicle

Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive fuel system
Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Vehicle
Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive fuel system
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design

· -
1,795 Posts
Just went out to the garage and popped the hood on our TSX.

Our 2006 manual trans TSX does not have that wiring harness at all.
You have a 2007 auto trans TSX but I'm sure that wiring cable is aftermarket and it looks aftermarket.

It looks like it goes in the cabin. Do you have anything aftermarket installed in your TSX?
Aftermarket alarm system, sub woofer, etc?

When the TSX wouldn't start would it crank or was it completely dead? Any lights on the dash?

You are going to need a voltmeter to measure battery voltage. A cheap voltmeter will do.

· Registered
2007 Acura tsx
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I do know that my son did do a lot of after mods I know for sure that he did mods on his sound system unfortunately I don’t know what exactly those modifications are or if there were any other additional ones that he did because unfortunately he has passed away which is the reason I continue to spend time and money with it to be honest… I will be putting it in the shop at the end of next month… I was just hoping maybe it was just a simple fix like something that somehow got disconnected and simply needed to be reconnected… However I have learned that nothing is simple with this vehicle lol… I do not have a voltmeter when I had the battery checked to see if that was the problem I had it checked at an AAA location…

· Registered
6 Posts
One thing to do is check your engine ground wires, that can be a problem considering sound systems need good ground.
Is that wire connected to anything else?
Also open the battery with a flathead to make sure the distilled water is over the metal core.

· Registered
347 Posts
Yeah, that's not OEM. Looks like it it's supposed to go on the battery but you need to be 100% sure which terminal. It's probably for the positive (red) you again you need to be sure. See if you can figure out where that cable naturally wants to lay, it may not even reach the negative (black).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts