Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my daughter a 2007 TSX, when it’s left for a few days and not started we have to jump it to get it to run.
Battery is good, shop says alternator is good…any idea on what could be causing this?

· Registered
347 Posts
Not specifically, although the Nav module is always suspect for stuff like this, as well as bluetooth if you have one (or installed aftermarket).

You can buy an inline fuse jumper which will allow you to check the current flowing through individual fuses to narrow it down. You'll need a somewhat heavier duty ammeter, the typical home/garage voltmeter can't handle the amount of current it's likely pulling to drain the battery.

Be aware when testing each fuse it's possible that the load will be deactivated when you pull the fuse to hook up the tester. For that reason I'd switch the key on and then off again after hooking up the tester but before taking a reading. You might even have to start the engine. Leave the power on long enough for accessories to boot up. So a bit tedious.

This gadget has a built-in ammeter designed to handle most auto accessory loads...

· Registered
178 Posts
99% of the time with this car with this issue, is caused by the Bluetooth hands-free module that's located on the right side of the passenger's footwell. Look online to see where to find this. If you unplug that module and your problem id gone, then it's the module.

Most people end up unplugging these and leaving them since the replacement OEM is so expensive. There's a class action currently working its way to the courts but hasn't been finalized for this issue. Almost every single 2004 to 2008 TSX ends up having this problem over the long term because these modules are defective over time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts