Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone clearify this for me ? because i cant seem to find my answer , and i swear i saw this somewhere on the net before
are EDM headlights the same thing as JDM headlights looks wise ? and the only difference is internally with the cut off being on the opposite side in the JDM lights ? anotherwords the EDM headlights have the cutoff ot the same side as USDM ? or was i dreaming all of this ? thanks in advance ...

De5

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Can someone clearify this for me ? because i cant seem to find my answer , and i swear i saw this somewhere on the net before
are EDM headlights the same thing as JDM headlights looks wise ? and the only difference is internally with the cut off being on the opposite side in the JDM lights ? anotherwords the EDM headlights have the cutoff ot the same side as USDM ? or was i dreaming all of this ? thanks in advance ...

De5
that and the auto leveling feature, some dont have projectors i believe and no ballast.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, SF Bay Area
6,942 Posts
EDM comes with an auto leveling motor that USDM does not have. There is also an extra hole for who knows what on the side that I sealed off.
Comes with H1 halogen projectors (as simple as swapping in your USDM D2S projectors)

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
EDM comes with an auto leveling motor that USDM does not have. There is also an extra hole for who knows what on the side that I sealed off.
Comes with H1 halogen projectors (as simple as swapping in your USDM D2S projectors)
What wong05tsx said. I have a set of EDM headlights as well that I got off firstsx, without the halogen projectors. All you have to do is swap your USDM projector, very simple to do and saves you money. As for looks, they are identical.

·
Boosting 24/7
3,085 Posts
yup, what everyone else already said. if you don't wanna swap your USDM projectors, you could also buy the EDM headlights with HID projectors. it's what i did and it was as simple as removing the oem headlights and swapping in the EDM. put the bulb back in and good to go!!

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Chicago
1,706 Posts
It depends on what part of the EU they come from... ie. Germany would be just PnP since they drive on the same side as us.

The H1 halogen version are the exact same as the D2S but without a hole for the ballast but there is a cutout in place for it, that is easy to do yourself. The extra hole is to power the H1.

And

JDM is the exact same as EDM cosmetically.
EDM do come w levelling motors that you can manually adjust.

I sell a pair of 06-08 housing only for $5-600 and 03-05 housing only for $3-400. Everything ready to PnP and no waiting for shipment from overseas and dealing with customs and custom fees and brokerage fees.
If you want ballast and ignitors and projectors add another $3-350 to that price.

And you'll be hard pressed to find better pricing and quality than my stuff, Always 100% authentic HONDA OEM... :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Anyone know what a set of EDM headlamps go for these days? Non HID and HID versions?
You should PM firstsx, he sells them. Depending on the year and if you want projectors in. I'd pay for authentic over depo or fishcakes anyday.

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
If you're patient, you can find EDM ones on eBay UK for under $400. That's what I did. I had to get the driver's side and passenger's side separately though since they seem to like selling them separately over there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts