Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for opinions on a used car purchase.

Considering a 2008 with roughly 50k miles for $15,000 or a 2009
with roughly 90k miles for $16,000.

Both similar condition, neither with Navi.

Prices are a bit higher in Nor Cal and these are fairly uncommon in the used car market (especially privately sold).

If one over the other, can you provide your reasoning? Is there a break-even point on price for miles, meaning $1000 is worth 20k miles (for example)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Personally, for me I would go for the 2008 tsx. I like the body style of the 1st generation much more than the 2nd gen tsx's, but that depends on which one you like more. Also I believe their performance is probably not that far from each other and having only 50k on a car still makes it feel quite new to me as compared to paying more for a higher mileage car unless you really like the looks/features of the 09 more. :) Again that's just how I think of it. I'm also getting my first 06 tsx this week! :D Good luck!

btw 15k is pretty cheap to me for a 08 50k tsx. Where are u getting it? o_O

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
The 2009 TSX is the current ,second generation model,which looks more modern,and has an improved interior,but I would check them both out,and then deceide which one you actually prefer.
Both are brilliant cars by the way...

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
personally, for me i would go for the 2008 tsx. I like the body style of the 1st generation much more than the 2nd gen tsx's, but that depends on which one you like more. Also i believe their performance is probably not that far from each other and having only 50k on a car still makes it feel quite new to me as compared to paying more for a higher mileage car unless you really like the looks/features of the 09 more. :) again that's just how i think of it. I'm also getting my first 06 tsx this week! :d good luck!

Btw 15k is pretty cheap to me for a 08 50k tsx. Where are u getting it? o_O
+1

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think it really comes down to personal preference. I love the 1st gen's bodylines. The exterior isn't too crazy, which I like.

I say, drive both of them and see which one you feel more "at-home" with. Or see which one you can haggle the price down more with :tu2:

·
Registered
364 Posts
most of the ppl like here 1st generation, IMO looking at the price n comparing it with mileage i'll say 2008 but it also depends how long u wanna keep the car and wat u wanna do with it

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
I'd probably jump for the 09. I love my first gen but I've only ever liked the 04/05 front bumpers. Also love the new TSX's. They might have a lot of lines and curves but just love it.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
I say go with the 08 but 90k miles is nothing on an 09.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got the 08

Hey all,

Thanks for the plentiful responses. I appreciate your feedback. I decided to go with the 2008. Picked it up earlier this week. $15.5k, 47k miles, no significant blemishes or problems.

So far .. I am loving it.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Hey all,

Thanks for the plentiful responses. I appreciate your feedback. I decided to go with the 2008. Picked it up earlier this week. $15.5k, 47k miles, no significant blemishes or problems.

So far .. I am loving it.
:tu:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts