Acura TSX Forum banner

2008 TSX Navi Ipod Interface!

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  time4tsx 
#1 ·
Hey guys im sorry to beat the horse, but every thread I've found regarding aftermarket ipod interface adapters seems to do with 04-06 tsx's, as if 07-08 owners are less bothered by its absence than 04-06 owners. In addition, I researched the web and was only able to find adapters for 04-06 tsx which allow full control and xm text. There are a few for the newer models but they either have limited text and dont allow control from the headunit, or ones that only allow a "aux" connection but via usb for better quality.

So my question is what is a good ipod interface adapter which allows
the screen to display playlists/artists/songs and allows full control from the radio/steering wheel buttons for a 2008 TSX with navigation? Thanks in advance.

The sound system in navi cars is pretty damn good, but since i dont listen to the radio/xm at all, and there is no usb mp3 support and not even mp3 disk support, and now that my cd burner is broken, the sound system is pretty much useless to me :(

Thanks again for your help!

#2 ·
Hey, So I put one in my car. It was called an ISIMPLE, I got it from best buy. It was about $85-95. Also you have to get the wires for our make of vehicle(wires are different for each make of vehicle.) Special wires were $15-20.
Unfortunatly for you, I have a 06 TSX. So I didn't have a problem finding this for my car. But I love it! I can change ipod song, artist, playlist, etc all from my factory radio, or steering wheel.
I ran the wire around my stick shift and under the whole center console. Drilled a small hole at the bottem of center console comartment. And there is already an existing hole to allow your ipod to rest in the thiner top compartment. Easy access, and the lining in the compartment is rubber so it just sticks there and doesnt slide around. No more lame ciggarette charger!
Hope this helps, good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.