Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 tsx that has started having issues. It lost power a few days ago so I had the battery tested...they only tested it while it was running...told me the check engine code said misfire on 2 and 3 cylinder so I bought coil packs and plugs...still no power...check engine light still on...had battery tested the right way only 66 cold crank amps so bought a battery...now it still has no power and says check emissions system....wtf is going on...any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just replaced it and had charging system tested....problems started when battery had dead cell and i was having to use a jump box to start it...first it would only happen in the morning after it had sat all night so I thought possible parasitic loss because advanced tested battery but only when it was running...the 19 year old kid that worked there said he could test the battery with the car off...so i assumed not a battery issue...it ran rough and sometimes couldn't even climb a hill...so i had auto zone test it the correct way and found out bad battery...i was having to drive it to work and some times it ran fine with no codes but other times it would barely start...now qhen I start it it runs fine for maybe 20 seconds then the engine light comes on and the check emissions and sometimes the vsa comes on...it definitely has progressively gotten worse...changed coil packs and now it throws codes every time I start it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just replaced it and had charging system tested....problems started when battery had dead cell and i was having to use a jump box to start it...first it would only happen in the morning after it had sat all night so I thought possible parasitic loss because advanced tested battery but only when it was running...the 19 year old kid that worked there said he could test the battery with the car off...so i assumed not a battery issue...it ran rough and sometimes couldn't even climb a hill...so i had auto zone test it the correct way and found out bad battery...i was having to drive it to work and some times it ran fine with no codes but other times it would barely start...now qhen I start it it runs fine for maybe 20 seconds then the engine light comes on and the check emissions and sometimes the vsa comes on...it definitely has progressively gotten worse...changed coil packs and now it throws codes every time I start it
Sorry....advanced said he couldn't test with car off

·
Registered
2008 TSX auto
37 Posts
This is a 1st generation (2004-2008) TSX forum. While there is some overlap in the technology understanding by members in this forum you might get better responses from 2nd generation (2009-2015) forum members for issues concerning your 2009.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts