Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

When starting my '09 the other day the check emissions system and check vsa lights came up on dash. this is a MT and i can't get above 3000rpm. I tried to tighten gas cap - this did nothing. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello All,

When starting my '09 the other day the check emissions system and check vsa lights came up on dash. this is a MT and i can't get above 3000rpm. I tried to tighten gas cap - this did nothing. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the same problem and I can’t find anyone who knows what to do or what the problem is I’ve been dealing with Thai problem for almost a year with the check emission light and my car won’t go past 3000 rpms if I do it goes in limp mode

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am having the same problem and I can’t find anyone who knows what to do or what the problem is I’ve been dealing with Thai problem for almost a year with the check emission light and my car won’t go past 3000 rpms if I do it goes in limp mode
Here as well,

What a car needs to start:
pass : spark_test
pass : compression_test
pass: fuel injection_test

limp mode?
3000 rpms?
I did not experience any of this...
Have had a rotten egg smell for a bit. (could be bad cat, bud I got 199k on it...so maybe? its from 2009 maybe I have a russian power plant in there who knows.
But the other things I am going to check while doing this: fuel_injectors --> I am going to price out the kit first because if there is rubber soaked in gas its gonna have expanded. I want new.

Specs:
2009 Acura TSX
198,789mi <-- im soooo close!!!
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating: Class 1C: 4,001 - 5,000 lb (1,814 - 2,268 kg)
Cylinders: 4
Primary Fuel Type: Gasoline
Engine Model: K24Z3
Engine Brake (HP): 201
Engine Manufacturer: Honda
Transmission Speed: 5
Transmission Style: Automatic
Engine Displacement (L): 2.4

My 2009 Acura TSX started running rough, the way it was acting I said "Oh no its the transmission, but I just had it serviced :("
Lucked out where my Acura started missfiring, an O'Reilly Autoparts was next door to the parking lot where I stopped, and one very nice younger dude loaned me his scan tool.
Get the scan tool po303, #3 cylinder misfire - also random multiple

okay. not driving it. towed car to my sisters.
Got plugs 4x iridium (i have all part numbers)
I wanted to do plugs anyway. Its got almost 200k and I bought it from a Lil out lady who babied it so I wanted to pay her some love too. I have never been a fan of playing fast and the furious but starting and going period is nice.
But, I get the plugs in it. Not running better. "Shit, well it needed those plugs. Regardless I wanted to do those."
but, still misfiring, setting light and the same code. po303.
I moved coils around to see if I could get the misfire to move from cylinder to cylinder. Marked that one coil then rotated it again to confirm the code followed the coil. It did.
My brain says "boom. coil"
The first coil they sent me was not right. The coil caught the inside of the spark plug too quickly due to difference in diameter. so it sat there looking like one of the coil packs was peering at you over a log or something.

Started off with a brake issue ( rear brake caliper e brake arm freezes, lifetime warranty on the caliper.)
I am trying to find specs on how to check for compression now.--I cant find anything except for a number 205. But that means nothing, I may need to go into Alldata or something. What happened to manuals? like a .pdf about this shit? Why don't i got a chart?
#Will put in pictures later. just want to get my thoughts out so I can see everything.

but after 4 coils
I have one coil i am ALMOST SURE is totally correct. There is only one part that is different but I cant see how it would change any clearance ability.

have 4 brand new plugs ( I assume I fouled the 4 I used earlier misfiring a way with a bad coil and it firing on just half of the motor.)

Will pipe back in to clean up
-Duncan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts