Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined the forum as the wife brought home a 2009 white tech package today. It has 95,200 miles and drives great. However, there is a transmission whine between 40-50 mph. It goes away if you let off the gas but comes right back when the throttle is applied. It is very similar to when you put a manual trans in overdrive and lug it a little bit at city speeds. This car is an auto though. I previously owned a 2007 CR-V which also had the k24 and 5 speed auto, no whines or any weird noises. I've read quite a few threads on the 1st gen TSX's having whining auto trans but I couldn't find any stories of tranny failures caused by the noise. So my question is....is the whining something to worry about? Is it a common problem on the 2009-up? She has 3 days to return the car so I would like to know if that is something we should pursue. Or is the noise harmless and considered normal on these cars? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, we ended up keeping the car. I noticed the whine is louder after driving a couple hours on the freeway. Still only happens between 40-60 mph. I hope its nothing major. I will have to do a 3x3 drain and refill on the trans and see if that helps.

·
Registered
550 Posts
i havent heard of any problems with the AT in the 2 years I am here.

since its an 09 I would look at TSB's. i know the OTHER acura forum has a way to look them all up. maybe this one does too,,,,,just not sure. 09 was first year of redesign so has many more tsb than future years.

without warranty they may want to charge you for the updates but at least you know what out there. than can decide how to handle it. my experience is out of warranty NO FREE TSB but I think its very dealer dependent.

good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, we ended up keeping the car. I noticed the whine is louder after driving a couple hours on the freeway. Still only happens between 40-60 mph. I hope its nothing major. I will have to do a 3x3 drain and refill on the trans and see if that helps.
Hey my sister just bought an 09 Acura TSX and it has the same issue with the whining noise when driving between certain speeds. I was wondering if you found out why your car was making that same noise?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts