Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought ours new in 2009. Drove it 130,000 miles. Sold it to my wifes brother. He drove it 55,000 miles. He offered to sell it back for $1000. Jumped on it. It still sounds great at 185k. Normal valve tick. He hadn't flushed the tranny. I did that and an already pretty smooth shift became smoother. Switched to 5w30 Full Synthetic because he reported the only issue he had was 1 quart of blow by every 1000 miles or so. He was using 5w20. My gut tells me 5w30 may lessen that. (I had always used 5w30 blend before selling it to him and had zero blow by).

I'm going to try the 5w30 thing and then at first top off, use Lucas Oil Pure Synthetic Oil Stabilizer to top it off.

56 years old. Bought and sold so many cars I could write a very boring book (accept to me), but I have a love affair with this car. Since I sold it, the right front lower fog lamp broke...I'm going to fix it. I bit of rust has appeared on the lower drivers door.....I'm going to fix it. Something about this car makes me want to see how long I can keep it on the road.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Nice ride. Looks like it should last you a long time. Seems to be in great shape for an Ohio car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts