Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys! i keep trying to talk myself out of a brand new SE with manual and I found a 2009 with 18k miles on it. Blue/black, tech package, AND manual transmission. Just about the only thing i am not stoked with in all of that is the fact that it is used.

So, the dealership it is at has it listed for $24k. I am positive i can talk them down, because for only $5k more i can get a brand new SE manual - and the manual is the major important part to me, the tech package and color are just a plus (especially when i like the aesthetics of the SE better).

Questions:
(1) anyone have carfax? JH4CU25649C022944
(2) what should I offer? i was thinking like $20k... is that too high, considering the age? too low, considering the mileage?

what consistent bummers were there for the 2009's... since they were a new model, i am sure there were a few.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Manual and tech is a rare combination, I'd say go for that and if you really like the aesthetics of the SE maybe you can swap rims later or do other things to make yours more like the SE. And don't worry about it being a used car it's still an 09 with low mileage, that car should pretty much appear as new and drive like it.

Yes you could do better on the price, there's no way they'll do 20,000 because of the low mileage. I know it's an 09 but the mileage is superbly low. Try meeting in the middle or maybe a bit less.

As for "bummers" there aren't any that really come to mind, except for perhaps rear brake disc wear (I'd look to see if all brakes are tip top because they tend to wear quickly). 2009 wasn't the first model year in other areas of the world where the car came out in 2008 (Japan and Europe) so it has been around a little while. Also the 2G TSX is essentially a really well done carry over from the 1G: the engine, transmission and other components are very similar to the previous generation with tweeks to improve perfomance and efficiency. Also the car is based off of the Accord so there's added piece of mind there.

Hope this helps.

·
Co-Driver
670 Posts
Check to see if the speakers are blown and check the rear brakes. If you could get it for around $22k I think it would be a good deal. Really low miles. Or else if you are too concerned about it being "used" then just get a new one.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have also found a base 2009 tsx for the same price and 6k miles. also an MT. both of these have my interest, considering the price savings of buying used over new.

If i really can buy the SE bumpers etc, then i am more inclined to buy one of these. i prefer the blue/black MT tech package, but the rear bumper has some damage - like the previous owner didn't know where the butt of the car began (funny, considering this should have a rear view camera).

I am hoping to go check all three cars out this weekend: the two 2009s and the new SE. The lowest i have been able to get the dealership for the SE is $29.7k

·
Registered
124 Posts
$22,500 is reasonable for max price if they will do business with you, anything lower than that will be a steal on your part, plus 9 out of 10 a dealership will either try to respectively make money or break even.

Also, your price can be conflicted with the salesperson working with you too. I would say to be fair start at $21,200.18 no joke !! haha

good luck fellow tsx'er .. let us know how it goes... low milage is like baby miles for acuras or hondas so get it if it falls down out right.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have them print the carfax for you.
Do a countrywide search...you'll find the prices vary by region/quantity.
I was hunting for a 2010, under 20k miles, clean carfax, certified...ended up with a new 2012 SE...go figure.
Good luck.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I test drove the blue tech today and am definitely in love with these cars. this is my perfect fit. the bummer about this tech is that it has more damage then I thought. the rear passenger side door has some pretty good dents in it and the rear bumper is fairly hideous. if they want to offer me a price, I might go for it... but I think it was owned by someone who didn't really care about it. also (though I shouldn't punish the car for this), they kept talking to the dude I was with rather than me.
tomorrow I am checking out the Bellanova MT. it looks gorgeous in the pictures (but they all do!!).
thanks for all the tips and suggestions guys. I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Carfaxs aré only good with info provided to them. Even tho I have all the service done by acura/Honda dealers only the recall and one service from Acura of Reno is on the carfax. The dealer I use in Nc and Pa do not share info with carfax.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The description of this car fits my car when I bought in back in July! I looked at my VIN#, and sure enough this is the car I bought. What I find interesting is that when I bought it there are no dents and the bumpers were immaculate. I'll try and post some pic's!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.