Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
This is a good thing, not only for the brand, but for state of the economy. Even though sales are down overall, people are still out purchasing... which is good.

·
What to put here?
1,990 Posts
The number of TSXs sold is more than the TL. IIRC the TL usually outsells the TSX. I wonder if it is because the beak on the TSX does not look as bad as the TL?

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
i actually think the beak on the TL looks better than the TSX.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Weird... alot more people had jobs back then....
hence the reason why you're seeing an increase in TSX sales.

Not too many cars in this country that are as nice as the TSX, under or close to $30k, and have all the nice features standard in the premium model (except navi).

Also fuel economy is a big seller for the TSX. Combine that with high residual value, low maintenance, and you got yourself one helluva car.

·
TSXClub East Coast Crew
411 Posts
The TL beak looks nicer than the TSX, IMO. Also, it doesn't show the comparison between December 08 sales and January 09 sales. So technically, Honda could still be selling less.

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
yeah, i was going to say, this is an ideal 'honda market.' people are penny pinching, and they may not want to spring for a luxury sedan that gets relatively poorer mileage. plus the TSX is the newest model, so all those things combined are probably fueling sales (no pun intended).

i think the power plenum was originally designed on the TL, and the design language was tacked onto the the TSX and RL. that could be the reason why the TL flows a little more on the front than for the other models. at least it does imo.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,569 Posts
I dun think the 09 TSX is selling that well at all! compare 09 Jan to 08 Jan is misleading! During 08 Jan, there was only very limited supply on 08 TSX due to end of cycle and also even grandma knew 09 is a redesign, so who still want the end of cycle model!

·
iVTEC no koe
1,913 Posts
Would really put some perspective if they broke down the sales numbers between different model years.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Bad Styling equals Record Sales

I just read that 09 TSX sales are shattering all records. I had hopes that the appalling front-end styling would hurt sales, and thus Acura would be forced to change it. Oh well, I guess ugly sells...I have a 2005 TSX, it's a great car, but will never buy another Acura unless they change their corporate styling theme.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I just read that 09 TSX sales are shattering all records. I had hopes that the appalling front-end styling would hurt sales, and thus Acura would be forced to change it. Oh well, I guess ugly sells...I have a 2005 TSX, it's a great car, but will never buy another Acura unless they change their corporate styling theme.
:( Please, say this isn't so... PLEASE!!! I was basing the rest of my life on YOU liking the car. OH NO!!!!

Seriously though, you like yours. That's good. I like mine. Can't we enjoy them together? You all act as if the TSX is a rebadged 2003 Chevy Malibu.

Now, if they could start kicking out some performance parts...

·
Registered
141 Posts
:( Please, say this isn't so... PLEASE!!! I was basing the rest of my life on YOU liking the car. OH NO!!!!

Seriously though, you like yours. That's good. I like mine. Can't we enjoy them together? You all act as if the TSX is a rebadged 2003 Chevy Malibu.

Now, if they could start kicking out some performance parts...
Yeah nice post Marshdh...:laugh:

Don't be a sore loser just because you didn't get all the nice features that the 2nd gen has to offer comparative to 1st gen.

Obviously the sales numbers are speaking for themselves. People are going to buy cars that they see as a good value for their money, especially in our crap economy right now. The 2009 TSX is clearly a top choice for 2009 model year makes and models.

I own a 2nd gen and you don't see me bashing your 1st gen. After all, we're all TSX owners here.

·
Let me...help you!
1,335 Posts
i sold a co-worker on the TSX. After a week or so, she went out to the Acura dealer to test drive one. They didn't have any 1st gen, so she took a 2nd gen for a spin. She didn't notice a difference between that car and my car, and she would have bought it if she could have afforded it.

It's the 1st gen that's driving 2nd gen sales despite its look. The 1st gen created the reputation, and the 2nd gen uses that rep and the notion that it has more goodies than the 1st gen...

Fortunately, the 2nd gen is rarely seen in my area of so. cali...but each to their own. If the 1st gen had been as ugly, I wouldn't be a TSX owner (since a big part of the reason why I went with the TSX was its looks).

·
Registered
203 Posts
I just got mine and I think it looks gorgeous from any angle. I don't know why people pick on the grill, I think it looks normal, like a grill. Maybe because mine is white, it doesn't stand out much.

I live in medium size city in Albany, NY and for some reason only saw a single 2nd gen TSX since they were released. Tons of Accords though. Anyhow, just wanted to say hi.

P.S. What does "corporate styling" mean? Everyone is saying this, but I have no clue whether it's just an empty expression or has any meaning to it.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Corporate Styling

My understanding is that Corporate Styling is the general styling theme an auto manufacturer has for their vehicles ... as in the style that they have in common & therefore resemble each other like a family. This includes, but is not limited to, the grill.

For Acura, it is called Keen Edge Dynamics & Lexus calls theirs L Finesse. I am not sure what Cadillac calls theirs but it is that boxy/wedgy sharp cut corners look that all their vehicles currently have.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts