Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have '09 TSX 5 speed AT, got Check Transmission and CEL few days back. Car is shifting very rough in 2 and 3 , above 40 mph driving fine. Local Indy mechanic said that's the mechanical problem in transmission and has to rebuild transmission. Quoted $2k to rebuild tranny with 3 year/36,000 miles warranty. I wanted to know whether it's good deal ? If I want to sell , they are asking for $2k. What's my best option, rebuild , use it or sell it now for $2k ? Appreciate any response and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
695 Posts
The price for the rebuild AT doesn't sound bad if that includes installation. When researched one for my 1G, the price I found was around 1.3k without installation.

Whether you keep the car and fix it, really depends on how attached you are to it. 2k is low offer but if you cant find a cheap way to fix it that is about the price you will get with engine and transmission issue.

Be sure to get a second opinion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The price for the rebuild AT doesn't sound bad if that includes installation. When researched one for my 1G, the price I found was around 1.3k without installation.

Whether you keep the car and fix it, really depends on how attached you are to it. 2k is low offer but if you cant find a cheap way to fix it that is about the price you will get with engine and transmission issue.

Be sure to get a second opinion.
$2k price includes everything, like installation, warranty(3 year/36,000). I liked my tsx so much , but with kind of money I am spending on it , I feel it's better get rid of it. But I am not really sure even with tranny problem $2k is low value for sell that car.

·
Registered
695 Posts
$2k price includes everything, like installation, warranty(3 year/36,000). I liked my tsx so much , but with kind of money I am spending on it , I feel it's better get rid of it. But I am not really sure even with tranny problem $2k is low value for sell that car.
I think the car in normal condition is at least 5-6k, that is why I said lower because someone can flip the car if he finds a cheap source to put in a working AT. I don't know ow what the CEL light is but more likely than not is a by product of transmission issue. K24 is nearly bullet proof except for the timing chain and I do not expect any major engine issue unless your engine is heavily modified.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi

I found a video on youtube that says to change the transmission fluid twice and to change the transmission pressure switches also. At the very least change the transmission fluid. He said he had the same problem and it went away. It's like a transmission shudder. I have the same issue right now. I just bought the car and didn't notice till after I bought it. The trans. fluid looks brownish and needs to be replaced. I'm definitely going to drain and fill twice and should take care of it. Other than that I'm happy with my purchase. This is my 3rd TSX and regret selling the past two. The 2nd one I had to sell because I was moving to the other side of the country and didn't want to do the drive. Hope this helps and good luck to you. You can also look on youtube for how to fix tsx transmission shudder.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi

I found a video on youtube that says to change the transmission fluid twice and to change the transmission pressure switches also. At the very least change the transmission fluid. He said he had the same problem and it went away. It's like a transmission shudder. I have the same issue right now. I just bought the car and didn't notice till after I bought it. The trans. fluid looks brownish and needs to be replaced. I'm definitely going to drain and fill twice and should take care of it. Other than that I'm happy with my purchase. This is my 3rd TSX and regret selling the past two. The 2nd one I had to sell because I was moving to the other side of the country and didn't want to do the drive. Hope this helps and good luck to you. You can also look on youtube for how to fix tsx transmission shudder.

How'd the pressure go? How much did it cost

1 - 7 of 7 Posts