Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

Big newb here..currently driving an 05 Grand Cherokee with the 5.7 HEMI and am looking to downsize..gas is KILLING me here in CT

Anyways, really like the 2nd gen TSX, found an 09 with the Tech package and 58,000 miles on it for 21,998..what are your thoughts? Milage is a little high but can't find anything much cheaper than that..really want the tech package

Thanks

·
Wes Holmes
34 Posts
Take it and run,

i have a 2010 with 98,000 km and i will be buying it out next month... they want the residual buy out to be in the same area... you have 50,000 less km... tech package is killer, in the 98,000 km ive chanced the breaks once and done oil changes and it runs BETTER than the day i bought it.. my family currently has 4 acuras, mine included, and 6 prior to that.. i dont think ill ever own another brand unless i win the lottery.... ( coming from a x-acura mechanic )

·
Wes Holmes
34 Posts
well than your in the same boat i am, and im not even second guessing it.

if its the v6, jump all over it...

if it has the OEM tires, i would look into having them replace them,
inquire about any recalls, i believe on some models the trunk had a minor leak.

also look into the breaks... oem breaks wore quickly and the wear indicator would squeal loudly.. have them checked and or replaced before purchase, this is a cost the dealership can eat up.

also due to the mileage, inquire about timing and water pump service, usually this is done between 110,00km and 130,000 km ( im canadian dont know the conversion sorry ) and see if you can get them to do this service before purchase.

other than that... if its in good shape... you got yourself a winner.

·
Co-Driver
670 Posts
Price seems pretty fair. What kind of condition is it in? I really love the tech package as well. I would check the tires but usually at that mileage the dealer will replace them with new tires if they are too worn. As far as timing belt goes you dont have to worry about that since the k series motors have a timing chain which rarely sees any wear issues. Ask if it had a tranny flush service. Also check if it had all recalls done. Another thing to listen for is if the factory door speakers are blown. There is a good chance they are if they havent been replaced and speaker warranty is up at 50k miles. Just listen to a song with a lot of bass/ midrange at a lower volume and you should be able to hear a buzzing sound if they are blown. that's about all that I am aware of.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the replies guys! i'm now also considering leasing a 2012 w tech package too..they are offering some pretty good deals right now...never leased a car before though, but it's enticing..decisions decisions

·
Co-Driver
670 Posts
If you can afford to lease it's actually not a bad option. It gives you a new car you don't have to worry about. Financing is pretty good, payments are pretty low, and since Acura's are really good at holding their value then you get equity towards your new purchase/lease.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just picked up a 2009 6MT in PWP with black interior 3 weeks ago. $21k out the door from NY based Acura dealership. 44k miles.

That being said, I live in FL, and it kinda sucks that I'm used to rust-free cars because this car, for being 3 years old, already has considerable rust on the suspension parts and little things here and there in the engine bay :-/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts