Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brought 2010 Acura TSX to service shop and they said they performed test and found leaks on "evaporator". Cost is almost $1k and the problem still exist.
It would blow cold air and then suddenly just blows hot/warm air.
Anyone had this issue before or what could be the culprit?

Thanks!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Possible they didn't recharge the refrigerant correctly, or there's another leak, possibly from a fitting they had to disconnect to replace the evap. I'd take it back to them for starters, good chance it's warranty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Possible they didn't recharge the refrigerant correctly, or there's another leak, possibly from a fitting they had to disconnect to replace the evap. I'd take it back to them for starters, good chance it's warranty.
Ok thanks. I have an appointment back on Wednesday morning.
Since it works sometimes and then doesn't work sometimes, and evaporator replaced with a new one, what are the chances it could be other components like compressor?
Hoping it's something simple like you mentioned and no other major parts.

Thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
Working intermittently could be low coolant. Also possible it's a problem with the controls or sensors. Not sure about this car but sometimes temp sensors get clogged with dust or lint.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Working intermittently like that can suggest a failing compressor clutch, too. Or, low on refrigerant depending on how intermittent the issue is. Pop your hood, locate the compressor with the engine off. Start the engine, turn AC on and then go watch the compressor. The front of the compressor (clutch) will normally cycle from spinning to not spinning. There is no set amount of time, it depends on temperature.

If it spins for just a few seconds and then stops, the refrigerant charge is likely too low.
If spinning and not spinning times are very erratic/unpredictable, the compressor clutch may be failing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The above is great advice. Does it work when you're at speed, say for instance at hwy speeds? From what you're saying I would lean toward the compressor clutch failing as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update:
Thanks for the replies. I left the Acura to the shop for a day and no leaks found on valves and freon was good.
Now they said it has something to do with the "Evaporator Sensor" and that is causing the COLD AIR to top blowing?
Just blows WARM AIR after that.
They placed the order and hoping this is it.
If they can't fix it, what are the chances of getting a refund and putting in old evaporator back?
I'll go somewhere else if they can't fix it.
Hoping this is the week they get the ordered replacement "Evaporator Sensor".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts