Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all just got a 2010 TSX and lovin every bit of it. Needless to say i still need it to sound good as Acura's definition of 'premium' sound differs from mine lol.

I have 2 12" jl audio w3v3 in box with kenwood amp ready to go. I know i need a line out converter from the 10" stock woofer as i want to keep steering wheel functionality of audio so imma stick with the stock stereo.

Does anyone have any suggestions or steps that need to be taken (bypass stock amp etc etc) to attain this goal? Any threads that can be linked where this has already been done would be great.

Am also replacing all the door speakers with the JL TR650-CSi unless there is a better suggestion. I need a walkthrough on doing so if available.

E

·
Registered
1 Posts
i will also be throwin my JL 12" and Eclipse amp in my 2012 SE this weekend.... the same way that i had them hooked up to my stock system in my 2009 Fg2 thru a line level with factory sub. I've never done a diy, but i'll take some pics and try.:wall:
i'm not replacing my door speakers tho

·
Co-Driver
670 Posts
factory sub is enough for me. I should finish up my install today and either post the how to tonight or tomorrow. I think it's just a matter of time before your speakers blow in a gen 2 tsx. I thought they improved the design for 2011 but looks like the part number never changed. And if 6 out of 5 of my 6.5 door speakers were bad then i think its a matter of time before all other gen 2 tsx owners need to either replace with new factory ones or aftermarket ones.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just turn em up you can tell the quality gets bad quickly. im interested to see what kind of performance i get with aftermarket speakers but stock stereo, really dont want to mess up anything on the dash for aftermarket stereo too, will just pull signal from the 10" oem woofer and leave it unhooked.

my only question is does anything special need to be done bc of factory amp?

·
Co-Driver
670 Posts
factory sub is actually an 8" haha and I usually don't have the sub turned all the way up. maybe some time down the road i'll replace it but its a lot of work to remove the deck and replace the factory sub and unless you run another amp then its not worth the money and time.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
took the factory sub out, pulled signal from that using line out converter. works well just need to fine tune the amp once i get a box that fits in the car i may have to downgrade to just one 12 :( replaced the door speakers with some JL C3s and it sounds good.

only thing now is figuring out how to rattle proof the car, garage door opener rattles like crazy and is very irritating.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i do not but it was mounted with an inch spacer, crossover was mounted in an opening behind the barrier of the door panel. i think just a 1/2 inch spacer was used in the rear. i dont have tech package so only have the 4 speakers and two tweeters the speakers are just a tad tall for the grill in the back, trying to figure out how to make it look flush.

·
Co-Driver
670 Posts
ahh.. i see. Ya i used 3/4" spacers in my doors and 1/2" for the deck speakers. I tried finding speaker adapter brackets but couldnt find anything. They wouldn't work in the rear anyway but would probably have worked in the doors. Ya I had an issue with the rear speakers clearing too. the tweeters on my speakers stick out pretty far but the speaker grilles still fit. If I were to do it again I might just get some midrange 6.5 woofer speakers for the deck. My car has lots of high range now. would have been nice to get a little more midrange.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the speaker grill for mine is still on but slightly warped as the tweeter sticks out from speaker just enough in the rear. ive kinda been facing the problem of the music not being as clear as i think it should be and im leading to think the speakers just arent getting enough power, next step is get a 4 channel amp.

Does anyone know if there are aftermarket speaker grills for the tsx?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Is the line out converter used the same way you would any other install? I had a car before that I couldn't swap out the stock head unit so I just used a converter to install my subs. Reason why I wanna make sure is cause I don't really wanna mess anything up with the stock stereo and lose the functionality of the steering wheel controls. All suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry for late response lol moved across the country and just now looking back at the forums. The line out converter was pretty standard, take the input going to the stock subwoofer and put a line out converter on it, should be a simple hook up which will give u an RCA connection for amp, mine is working flawlessly, biggest problem ive had with my system is it is treble heavy. I think its because i put aftermarket speakers in but didnt put in aftermarket speaker wire which would be optimal along with a 4 channel amp.

Anyone got easy method or location on the car they recommend sticking a 4 channel amp for door speakers?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts