Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My recently purchased 2010 TSX would crank but not start. This issue happened when I inserted a Backup Light LED (bought from Amazon) with key ON and emergency brake engaged and the car in reverse. I got a puff of smoke from the bulb connector, then car would crank but not start, and I was getting no instrument panel lights. I couldn't get it started and failed to figure out problem so I used AAA and had it towed it to Acura 'stealership'.

The culprit turned out to be 7.5 AMP METER fuse under driver dash. They found the bad fuse and replaced it and ONLY charged me $242!!! I will never go there again!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I suspect there was a decent amount of diag time involved. That’s where your cost came from.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I suspect there was a decent amount of diag time involved. That’s where your cost came from.
Nope! Their minimum 'diagnostic charge is $215 plus $32.50 shop supplies. Neither is negotiable.

Also the technician told me the trunk release button on the door was faulty. He didn't even open the glove box and disengage the trunk privacy switch!! He said he found the bad fuse in the parking lot before he brought it into the shop to perform the diagnostic check. Never again going to Acura of Orange Park in Jacksonville FL!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts