Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new member...looking for a solution to an issue. The weather-stripping on the top of the doors is cracking, peeling and in some areas is completely off (see photos). I'm just wondering if any other owners have dealt with this problem. Is this something I can replace or do I need to seek professional help, i.e. body shop, dealer?
Appreciate any help...

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm a new member...looking for a solution to an issue. The weather-stripping on the top of the doors is cracking, peeling and in some areas is completely off (see photos). I'm just wondering if any other owners have dealt with this problem. Is this something I can replace or do I need to seek professional help, i.e. body shop, dealer?
Appreciate any help...
Same thing happened to both mine and my friends 09's. He took his to the dealer which quoted 200-300, the tech at the dealer told him they were purely aesthetic and that he should just tear leave it be.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
These worked great. They fit front and rear no problem. You’ve got to be careful with the front in the front area as the plastics can pop off easily on the stripping. One of mine broke. :(. But it’s the passenger. Lol

·
Registered
2011 Acura TSX
15 Posts
Appreciate any help...
I recently dealt with the same issue. I found replacement trim on eBay (about $45 for all 4 windows). I had the Acura dealership put them on but they had to adjust some clips to fit them in and they just weren’t perfect, so I ended up spending the $200 on oem for just the front ones. But I’d say if you’re not picky then eBay ones would suffice. They look about the same.

·
Registered
2011 Acura TSX
15 Posts
Same thing happened to both mine and my friends 09's. He took his to the dealer which quoted 200-300, the tech at the dealer told him they were purely aesthetic and that he should just tear leave it be.
Purely aesthetic?… I thought it kept water from entering the inside of the door panels?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts