Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to remove the front bumper cover from my 2010 TSX. I have seen the videos showing how to remove the front bumper cover from first generation TSX and from various Hondas. None of these show how to release the four tabs just below the headlights. The Acura installation instructions for the front aero bumper, publication number BII 41539, on page 2, step 3 show these tabs and a side elevation of one of them. The three tabs on the outside of the cover and the single tab on the innermost side near the grille pose no problems. Pulling, working up and down, and reaching inside the cover from the wheel well and pushing do not work. I finally got the tab farthest to the right in the drawing (number four counting from the left under the headlight) to release with the help of a flat edge screwdriver and maneuvering the cover up and down by hand, but that took a very long time. I was unable to release the other three tabs. The car has very little mileage on it and we are dealing with soft ABS plastic, so I am being careful, though I did use a lot of force. Any advice or a demonstration video would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
haha you just gotta carefully yank it out with moderate force. those are tough i know, but if ur careufl u shuodlnt break it

1 - 2 of 2 Posts