Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 2010 TSX has exhibited an annoying issue since we purchased it new 2 years ago. About 75% of the time when setting a destination in the navigation before leaving the driveway then heading out it will suddenly restart/reboot after driving 2 miles or less. The Nav screen goes blank and then comes back to the "ok" prompt and any previously entered destination is no longer stored, forcing me to enter the address all over again. This does not happen when listening to music (iPod via aux, xm, fm), which always continue uninterrupted...even when the Nav resets.

This reboot even occurs if only displaying the map without any destination programmed in. Once again, music does not get interrupted.

We took it to the dealer about a year ago but they were not able to reproduce the problem for some reason. After keeping a close eye on it and looking for patterns it seems that it might have something to do with putting the destination address in before the default first "sleep" or black screen cycle that happens if you don't use the system right away. This might explain why sometimes the Nav doesn't reset (if I enter the address AFTER a few minutes of driving). Not 100% sure about this theory though.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Thanks,
Mitch

·
Registered
2 Posts
Reboot problem

I had this problem with my 2008. Read here about cleaning ground connections. Did that -didn't fix it. Took it to a dealer two weeks ago (September 2013) who said they had a recent bulletin on the problem. The negative ground cable from the battery is the culprit. Replace it - for about $20 - and the problem should disappear.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.