Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2010 TSX in late December. From a performance and comfort standpoint i love the car. My problem is that i think the paint is total shit. I drive about 70 miles round trip each day for work. I realize i am going to get a few paint chips every once in awhile, but i have only 4000 miles on the car and already have a few noticable chips on the front. I doubt there is much i can do about this, but i was curious if anyone has experienced this with Acura. Was also curious what a good body shop would charge to paint the hood or maybe just the front bumper area. I honestly have no idea what it would cost to just get the front bumper painted. im not thinking of doing it any time soon, but im anal as hell and i know if this keeps up after a year or two im going to be super pissed at all the dings and chips im accumulating.

thx

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
It isn't just an Acura thing. Really, all car manufacturers are making a move to thinner paint on their vehicles for environmental/cost reasons. When the time comes for me to get a new car, I will be putting one of those clear bras especially if I remain living in the northeast. The only other option I can think of would be to get the front bumper/hood repainted which I'm sure would be thicker than from the factory. You just have to worry about the paint matching so make sure you find a good painter.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I really didn't want to respond to this thread for fear of jinxing myself, but mine seems to be good. I tailgate on the freeways as well and my rock chips are minor, very minor at 18000 miles. I don't have any door dings because I will not park next to anyone or in spaces that are narrow. The metal on this car definately is not soft. Soft metal is a Toyota Tacoma, those are total tin cans.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I really didn't want to respond to this thread for fear of jinxing myself, but mine seems to be good. I tailgate on the freeways as well and my rock chips are minor, very minor at 18000 miles. I don't have any door dings because I will not park next to anyone or in spaces that are narrow. The metal on this car definately is not soft. Soft metal is a Toyota Tacoma, those are total tin cans.
the paint is lousy not the metal. I also do not have any door dings but lots of chips. I am very picky on where I park, even after 122,000+miles.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought a 2010 TSX in late December. From a performance and comfort standpoint i love the car. My problem is that i think the paint is total shit. I drive about 70 miles round trip each day for work. I realize i am going to get a few paint chips every once in awhile, but i have only 4000 miles on the car and already have a few noticable chips on the front. I doubt there is much i can do about this, but i was curious if anyone has experienced this with Acura. Was also curious what a good body shop would charge to paint the hood or maybe just the front bumper area. I honestly have no idea what it would cost to just get the front bumper painted. im not thinking of doing it any time soon, but im anal as hell and i know if this keeps up after a year or two im going to be super pissed at all the dings and chips im accumulating.

thx
If this makes you feel better, our 2011 Toyota has this as well. That's why I cannot simply dump so much money and have it get hurt by shetty roads.

The main thing is to not expose the metal to rust. Get it fixed.

·
Registered
3 Posts

thx
Dude I agree 100%. I've owned a 04 rsx, 06 rsx and now 10 tsx. Paint is terrible on all three. Either very thin, or very soft or both. It's painful, especially on a black car. Shouldn't have gone black but I couldn't resist. I have 6000km on my car and the front bumper hood area already have several notacible chips and many many more smaller ones which are probably only noticeable to me. I do drive on the highway a fair amount.

FYI:
My wife drives an Audi q5 and her black paint is holding up much better to chips.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts