Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010 TSX, 6-speed w/ Navi & Technology.
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s good everyone? Bought my son a ‘10 TSX (w/ Navi, etc). Installing entire audio system except head unit.
Problem: Kicker 6.5”’s don’t seem to line-up with the factory 6.5”’ holes in the rear deck. How should I go about this, or am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2008 auto TSX CGP
591 Posts
It's not unusual that after market speakers do not have the same hole placement as oem speakers. You can try to find speakers with the same hole placement. I chose to just drill new holes and add mounting clips to secure the speakers. You can get the clips at auto parts stores, electronic shops, or auto stereo shops. I couldn't believe how easy it was to install the speakers this way. And they're hidden so no one will see them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds good to me, I’ll give it a try. One of my friends locally recommended basically doing the same thing but suggested using self-tapping screws that have the rubber washer. Thanks for your advice, I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’ve actually figured something out, and it may help someone in the future. I was about to throw the old factory speakers away and had an idea 💡! So, I took my cutters and Dremel and went to work. Used the factory bracket and, once trimmed to size, worked perfectly. Here are some pictures, I still have a little sanding to do, and I’m going to remove the old foam and replace it with new. Hopefully I’m making sense lol.

Bracket for Rear Deck Speakers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts